Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools & Tool Brands

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Not sure if the original thread question is still relevant but HAZET is what I use.
Also use Koken on hard to get to parts on motorcycles. Their Z range sockets good for that as very thin walled and will fit where others cannot
I still have Gedore spanner set from 1980 still going strong
Some old Sidchrome from Australia that are good
I find Bahco good too.
Not impressed with the new sidchrome or Repco stuff
My 2 cents

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can pretty much fit any of the three drawers I've seen online, as my roller is 675mm wide but inside the lip is 665mm. I'd just need a rubber mat to raise it up 10mm. I just don't know where to buy the foam rubber mat from?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I can pretty much fit any of the three drawers I've seen online, as my roller is 675mm wide but inside the lip is 665mm. I'd just need a rubber mat to raise it up 10mm. I just don't know where to buy the foam rubber mat from?
Clark rubber?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've found the new Taiwanese Sidchrome to be pretty decent. I am yet to break any sockets or spanners from my Aust made Sidchrome or Taiwanese Sidchrome but if I did it's a quick trip to Nubco to swap it over.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
  • Sad
Reactions: Lex

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah I'd say they would likely have it, but nearly three hours drive to Clark Rubber.
Far out 3hours to Clark rubber? How depressing would that trip be LoL How does that even work, since you can do a full lap of Tassie in 4 hours?? Surely it's not all one way!? ---> ⬆️

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep three hours from where we live. If we lived in Burnie it would be nearly five hours. If we lived in Marrawah it would be over 6hrs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A full lap of Tasmania would take you 25-30 hours non stop.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I was reasonably chuffed tonight after changing out a dead oil pressure switch on the VE. It's in a pretty tight spot between the filler housing and inner guard and the airbox makes it even worse. 27mm is a random size and a standard 27mm socket is too short to fit over the switch with the plug stocking out the back of it. I have replaced one before but have no idea how I did it. I thought I used an old Superworks spanner which is actually really decent but that looked like it would have been a pain in the as well.
I finally remembered the set of sensor sockets I bought half price from supercheap about 18 months ago and found a perfect 27mm deep socket in there!! Winning! Like with all cheap told I said a little prayer to the good of chrome vanadium, praying that these sockets did actually contain these 2 alloying elements before applying pressure to the ratchet and boom the sensor can't straight out! Yeah! I love a nice easy fix almost as much as I love a half price sale hahaha ;)