Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools & Tool Brands

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
A full lap of Tasmania would take you 25-30 hours non stop.
That totally blows my mind. In 30 hours you can drive from Sydney to Cooktown according to Google maps! I have been wanting to take a holiday in Tas and drive around. Never been but it's on my list. Never been to Cooktown either :)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
That totally blows my mind. In 30 hours you can drive from Sydney to Cooktown according to Google maps! I have been wanting to take a holiday in Tas and drive around. Never been but it's on my list. Never been to Cooktown either :)

I’ve only been to Tasmania once and visited the east coast. It’s hard to explain but my usual time-for-distance estimates were out by about a factor of two. i.e. if I looked at a map and thought a location was about 15min drive away it usually took 30min.

My general impression of the roads and the general driving conditions, it would be hard to justify owning a V8 in Tasmania!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
These just popped up while I was looking for someone wrecking a VE ute.

Something to add to the wish list.

https://www.totaltools.com.au/123622-tti-1-2inch-90-200nm-drive-torque-extension-set-10-piece-ttitlebss10pc?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Emarsys Automation & Tactics - Sales (Value Opt) – Always On&utm_content=Free Shipping - Single Image&fbclid=IwAR1NMIXbghNVqg1z0Umopdtdn7aRINlOD4pOqkYNkVg997W_R5OA2enFlTY

1673675558135.png

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apparently don’t work with all impact guns - especially newer elec/cordless ones. The impact frequency can be too high!
Ohhh, well I thought that was the whole point. Not much use then I don't suppose.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Those are NOT a substitute for a proper torque wrench and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was hoping they would work on the rattle run both CP and battery on wheel nuts. They won't be going on the wish list anymore. I can't see any other use for them as they are too long for most things.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was hoping they would work on the rattle run both CP and battery on wheel nuts. They won't be going on the wish list anymore. I can't see any other use for them as they are too long for most things.

Have used them on air rattle guns, with no complaints coming back to do with over/under tightening....Are quicker than a torque wrench and that's about it

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
I assumed they were so you wouldn't over torque with the rattle gun then come back and finish with torque wrenc for anything important

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I assumed they were so you wouldn't over torque with the rattle gun then come back and finish with torque wrenc for anything important
I don't torque wrench wheel nuts, just like the average garage doesn’t either. It's only the pedantic that do it. Sure it's a good idea but it can't be too necessary.