Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

top radiator hose blew off twice

mikkyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
aloo r8
gday i own a ve maloo ute 6.2 ls3 was driving home and top radiator hose blew off .....changed coolant reclamped hose 2days later, done it again anyone with advise or simuar problems love too her feedback cheer

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
gday i own a ve maloo ute 6.2 ls3 was driving home and top radiator hose blew off .....changed coolant reclamped hose 2days later, done it again anyone with advise or simuar problems love too her feedback cheer
Is the lip still on the radiator neck? They are prone to cracking off & clamps won't hd it for long.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
5665430970_df5ac0db83_b.jpg

Woodsman444

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais sedan 2008
I have a VE Calais 6 ltr I have the same problem mine also has done that twice, I bought another new rad but that's a week away, right now I can't trust it wont do it again. A freind suggested the thermostat might be the cause, not sure if that's true or not.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
if your radiator is like the picture above the hose will pop off, I glued one on once then clamped it about a week later when the new radiator arrived that cost me a hose as well.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
A blown head gasket could also cause this issue in theory. If it’s blown between a cylinder and the water jacket it will create excess pressure in the coolant system.

This happened with a VH Commodore I had many years ago. It blew the seams on the radiator end tank. On investigation it was a blown head gasket.

You can check if this is the case by starting the car from dead cold and squeezing the radiator hose to monitor the system pressure. If it quickly builds pressure before the car has even warmed up youve got a blown head gasket.