Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Top Speed

R

rattattack1313

I hope all this is done off the public streets...........

H

HOLDON

My top speed!!!

My 03 v6 executive did 220km/h!! all i can say is hold the **** on! its bloody fast and car is moved by wind and road conditions at those speeds!! now that i've had it lowered ile give it unutha shot!!!!

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Holdens don't have speed goveners. the only thing that will stop ya goin any faster is wind resistance. Give ya car more power and she'll go faster....until the gearing runs out

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
My Series II SS has reached my physical limit of 247 acording to my VDP. Yes it was done in the NT on a very straight stretch of unlimited highway. The auto box didn't exhibit what cmelb was saying at all, but didn't feel like it had much more past this point. It may change after the LS1 Edit but I don't know.

ttt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive
I got to 180KM on the Stuart Highway in the NT, in my Stock VY II (Auto - V6).
She would of gone faster, but enough was enough for me :)

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
My VYII SV8 M6 is limited to 412km/hr but only had it off the clock a couple of times on NT roads speedo runs out at 250 so dont know how fast I was doing

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
they are govened, fuel cuts out at a specific speed. its probabley factory 240, im pressy sure that was from the vn all the way to vy dont know about the vz. dotn quote me cos im 95% sure not 100

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
VYSHSV8 said:
My VYII SV8 M6 is limited to 412km/hr but only had it off the clock a couple of times on NT roads speedo runs out at 250 so dont know how fast I was doing

Are you sure these figures are right? The speedo on the SV8 and SS goes to 260Km/h. I'm thinking you mistyped the 412Km/h though.

S

sc0pe

have done an indicated 260 in a vy ss, auto. was pulling nicly

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
cmelb said:
I have the VY NA 3.8lt, its 4 speed Auto and it gets to 200km/hr and changes from 3rd to 4th when in 3rd at over 5000rpm then back to 4th and then back to 3rd at over 5000rpm in little as a second, so it sits in 3rd at 200km/hr and wont go into 4th which sucks.

Why is this and what can I do to get it change into 4th gear when at 200km/hr instead of it sitting in 3rd at over 5000rpm.

Actually I was just thinking along the lines of this and I've had another car do this to me once before, what I did was back of the accelerator a little (maybe 10-15K's) then stab it back into the floor this gave the ECM a shove in the ass and made it remember to change gears. Who knows it might work for you.