Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TOPGHIA's VY II SS Wagon

TOPGHIA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Wagon
Hi all thought i would put some pics up of my first ever Holden before this i had only owned Fords and i must say i wish i had got this car sooner.

I got this VY II SS Wagon just after Christmas last year from the previous owner who lived in QLD. i flew up and drove it back to SA and i must say was a nice car to drive it surprised me a lot having never driven a VY/Z before.

Some of the mods the previous owner had done to it were:
VZ R8 Brakes
VZ R8 Rims
Harrop diff
LS6/3 ignition coils
Polished rocker covers
92mm polished corvette throttle body
Built 6 speed with short shift
Racing clutch
and a LS tune by High torque performance making 220rwkw

The car also has only done 66xxxkm as the previous owner got it from new and only used it as a weekender.

if any one can help me with what mods to do next that would be great. im thinking cam, exhaust and a new tune but i dont know much about the LS motors.

Also if anyone one knows where to find out how many of these wagons were made and how many with what options that would be great if you could point me in the right detection

as i said before I had only owned Fords before this but this is my other car i own.
it is a 04 BA MKII Fairmont Ghia 3v V8 that has been supercharged along with a long list of other mods

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Very nice buy! Tidy and looks the part.

My keen eye has noticed that you're missing a spark plug lead insulator for #2 cylinder! Also, I've never seen heat wrap over a fuel rail before, interesting.

How's the manual belt tensioner going? They're only really required on charged high HP engines when it tends to throw the main belt a lot. I'd be wary of it, you don't want the belt too tight. I like your Ford too.

Overall it's a nice wagon with great potential. I'd recommend a change to an OTR intake and MAFless tune, and a full exhaust system. Being in SA, give KPM or Enchanced Automotive a call regarding the wagon and the goals you want to achieve with it.

Good luck. And welcome to the forum!

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Only 350 VYII SS wagons made. I wouldn't modify it too much. It will only decrease the value.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
THAT is a beautiful wagon. So tidy.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Only 350 VYII SS wagons made. I wouldn't modify it too much. It will only decrease the value.

Do you really think it's going to hold much value? Don't want to come across as rude, but I don't think it will.

TOPGHIA nice cars mate.

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Wagon V8 always seem to hold their value well. Given it's factory manual even more so.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
That's a really nice ride man. The wheels look great!

It will hold more value than the average ss being a manual wagon with red leather.

How did the falcon with the blower go?

TOPGHIA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Wagon
Thanks guys

Very nice buy! Tidy and looks the part.

My keen eye has noticed that you're missing a spark plug lead insulator for #2 cylinder! Also, I've never seen heat wrap over a fuel rail before, interesting.

How's the manual belt tensioner going? They're only really required on charged high HP engines when it tends to throw the main belt a lot. I'd be wary of it, you don't want the belt too tight. I like your Ford too.

Overall it's a nice wagon with great potential. I'd recommend a change to an OTR intake and MAFless tune, and a full exhaust system. Being in SA, give KPM or Enchanced Automotive a call regarding the wagon and the goals you want to achieve with it.

Good luck. And welcome to the forum!

good eye i didnt even pick that up! yer i havent see the heat wrap over a fuel rail before not sure what the previous owners thought pattern was.

havent had a problem with manual belt tensioner yet and the old owner said he had no problems either.

yer was going to change to OTR intake as i think it looks nicer. thanks for the tuners suggestions but im not a big fan of KPM i was thinking of getting Simon at Morpowa to do the work and tune as they have been putting out some nice holdens lately and they have done some work on my Ghia in the past.

thank you for that info!

That's a really nice ride man. The wheels look great!

It will hold more value than the average ss being a manual wagon with red leather.

How did the falcon with the blower go?

yer it goes a lot better because its not a boss motor like whats in the xr8 and GT its out pretty much the same motor that was in the same year F trucks. so great low down power and torque stock but the blower has made a big difference but the money i spent on it i could have built a big power XR6T lol but hay my car is one of kind as it is so worth it in the end.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Looks awesome.
jealous as that would be quite a nice car to drive and use.
quite tidy and clean

keep up the good work

R

Risky

Looks the business there, clean & sharp. I agree with the others & don't do too much to it. From the description & the photos, most of the work has been done for you. Since it's a wagon, it's a keeper so look after it & enjoy it.

I've only seen one SS wagon & it was rather tired. Your one is a great example.