Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torana may be on its way back

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
These rumors/ stories/ ideas/ concepts have been floating around for yonks. In-till you hear of a release date it's not worth raising an eye brow.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
If not twin turbo then a snarling twin TB High compression v6

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
If they did it it'd probly just get the same engine as the new 3 litre turbo they"re talking about for the VF because Holden is trying to save money and probly couldn't afford the development of another new engine...unless of course there's a twin turbo'd engine already in the GM catalogue that they can just snatch it out of.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Whatever it is, whenever it is released, it will only be Holden by name, not by nature or design.That thing is obviously a Chev styling concept. Holden's input will probably be sticking on left-over VE badges.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Unlikely it"ll be released while the VE is still around if they"re only at the concept stage of things, but it is very chev...rebadging happens everywhere though I"ve just accepted it, I remember when I picked up my vectra off my mate we were both like...yeah it's a holden but it's not :( haha

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I wonder, if it gets released with the Chev badge, will people replace it with a Holden badge??????

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
doesnt look too bad actually, dont mind it
but i bet itll come with a hefty price tag

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I wonder, if it gets released with the Chev badge, will people replace it with a Holden badge??????

I know you"re being a smartass lol but GM wouldn't release a Chev into Holden territory it just wouldn't make sense, that would be like trying to sell the VE over there and boasting it as having "Aussie V8 muscle" to draw in american consumers.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
FFS, here we go again. Why are car manufacturers constantly trying to bring back old nameplates? I mean, Monaro, GT, GS now mabye Torana, all of which look nothing like the original version/s. They should honestly have quit with these badges while they were ahead. The LX hatch is (in my eyes) one of the best looking Aussie muscle cars ever produced, now they are going to slam the same name on an ugly looking piece of junk....

That first pic almost makes me spew when you look at the 2nd pic. I just don't understand it!