Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torana may be on its way back

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
My dream for a new Torana. For holden to just pick a model of torana then copy the body shape really closely.
Just change it a bit, smooth it out for some better Aero, then ignore any engine with 4 cylinders and you've got
a car worthy of the badge. Just imagine it, 1300kg and 327kw. Plus you'd have modern running gear.
Old style, new tech, perfection.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
FFS, here we go again. Why are car manufacturers constantly trying to bring back old nameplates? I mean, Monaro, GT, GS now mabye Torana, all of which look nothing like the original version/s. They should honestly have quit with these badges while they were ahead. The LX hatch is (in my eyes) one of the best looking Aussie muscle cars ever produced, now they are going to slam the same name on an ugly looking piece of junk....

That first pic almost makes me spew when you look at the 2nd pic. I just don't understand it!

yeah but these rumours are from a poor excuse for motoring journalism called wheels

PROBLEM?

umadbro?
Reaction score
Members Ride
commo
looks cool.
166pl2.jpg

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Well thats a step in the right direction but it's not there yet IMO.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Holden have denied it, saying Wheels have fabricated it (posted from Holden to Facebook fans)
IF they were to bring back the Torana I'd prefer the TT36 concept over this camaro/RX8 devilchild

There...fixed it for you.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They release Daewoo's with a Holden badge, why not a Chev?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Holden have denied it, saying Wheels have fabricated it (posted from Holden to Facebook fans)
IF they were to bring back the Torana I'd prefer the TT36 concept over this camaro/RX8 stepchild

Holden also denied the existence of a 2 door commodore prior to the release of the CV8 monaro.