Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torque bolt settings I cant find in book

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Warren and brown deflecting beams ... in my book they're the best I've used.
And you can always use them without worrying if the batteries have gone flat :p

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I borrowed this bad boy from a mate the last time I pulled my top end down. You just do what the magical wand tells you and you're golden

pic06082017140320321_1.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
H

harrop.senator

Mechpros made by the same Taiwanese factory as sidchrome , Stanley and toolpro. Just have different levels that will receive a different name.

Whatever the lifetime warranty mechpro stuff is from Repco is usually toolpro without the flashy rubber grips.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mechpro, is poorly made just ask EYY, he bought a socket set and the chrome pealed within a few months.

H

harrop.senator

They've got multiple different levels.

They're entry level is trash just like the sca brand tools.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mechpro Blue is what EYY had problems with.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Repco seem to have less and less of the Repco branded tools that they once had. I've bought bits and pieces of Repco sockets and spanners over the years and had no issues. Mechpro on the other hand. I wouldn't even bother. I have enough good quality tools in my cab that I can afford to buy the occasional tool at 50 - 100 bucks when I need it.

H

harrop.senator

I have 2 X 42" roll cabs and one 42" top box now I'm not in the industry.

Honestly toolpro is my go to. May or may not be to do with the fact a mate works at Supercheap and staff price is half off he retail.

But in six years I've broken 3 things. 2 X 3/8 extendable ratchet , 3/8 breaker bar and a 1/2-3/8 adapter.

All four were from asking way to much from the tool but it was worth a crack.

There new spanners aren't as good as the old ones. I seem to use my original 6-32 roll more then my 6-21 foam tray. The new heads on the open end aren't as accurate as the old ones.

Hell I even traded in my old ni-cad snap on 18v for a whole set of 12 and 18v toolpro kit. Only thing is over 30 Celsius kills the batteries so they live in the house not the shed.