Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torque Power Manifold Heater Hose Connections

LawnPotato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Howdy brains trust,
I've gone down the 355 rabbit hole and I have just a few questions about my heater connections. It's a TP dual plane low rise EFI and I just need some confirmation on the correct way to hook up my heater hoses. Does it go heater to water pump, water pump to manifold, manifold to heater? As I read that the water pump nipples are both suction only. Does it mater if I use the top or front bung, pretty sure they're both in the same passage anyway. I've got the thermostat housing with no nipples on it coz the manifold has 2. Ill try upload a photo as soon as I work out how.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It doesn't really matter but the simplest way is to run a short hose from the first water pump nipple to the spot you currently have blanked off on the front of the manifold (next to the temp sensor). You should always have that hose as it allows coolant to circulate through the engine when the thermostat is closed. For the heater system, you can use the fitting blanked off on top of the coolant cross-over and have the heater hose return to the 2nd nipple on the water pump.

Nice looking setup you have there. What catch can/breather system tank is that? Can you show a better picture of it by chance?

LawnPotato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
It doesn't really matter but the simplest way is to run a short hose from the first water pump nipple to the spot you currently have blanked off on the front of the manifold (next to the temp sensor). You should always have that hose as it allows coolant to circulate through the engine when the thermostat is closed. For the heater system, you can use the fitting blanked off on top of the coolant cross-over and have the heater hose return to the 2nd nipple on the water pump.

Nice looking setup you have there. What catch can/breather system tank is that? Can you show a better picture of it by chance?

Yeah mate its a catch can from Lowe Fabrications and the billet rocker covers from Shauns Custom Alloy also got from Lowe. I used teflon 200 series hose but I didn't think about the engine rocking on the mounts as there's no slack the way I've routed it, if I have to redo it ill probably just use the pushlock stuff. I may need to temporarily swap the filter for a pipe into the air cleaner for engineering though

I was gonna run ally hard line around the side of the bay coz I cant hide my hoses under the manifold anymore, but I might just go over top. As long as it works and looks half decent.

So you reckon run the hose between manifold and pump even though they're connected through the block, to bypass the thermostat and maybe help keep air locks out.