Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Totally Dead bcm?

Madmikecommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega v6
Just got a 08 omega cheap non runner
Charged batt
as soon as connect batt engine check light comes up and clicking from engine with car in lock and no key
Turn on ign and nothing no lights etc... but engine check
Turn off engine check goes away,
then turn on, dash lights up, radio mismatch, abs error, engine check and dont turn over. Nothing but wipers and a/c go
Disconnect bcm and power up sames thing but engine check gone
Had a prod around with multimeter and check all fuses
Going to get a scan tool and see what in throws at me but just seeing if anyone has encountered this? can bcm corse this? Any ideas will be appreciated. Will keep updated if I manage to fix it or not

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
You have a couple of issues that will need a tech 2
You may have a physical key to the car but is the key coded to current bcm in the car?

Madmikecommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega v6
You have a couple of issues that will need a tech 2
You may have a physical key to the car but is the key coded to current bcm in the car?
I dont know, as I got it "as is" from a auction, allways wanted a ve so I've taken the gamble, the panels to get to the bcm were removed so.....??? The vats light dont come up. doesn't vats only stop the car from starting and everything is dead on mine... the scanner will hopefully tell me more. Then go from there I gess, wish i had assess to a tech 2 but I'm in Hamilton nz, if I need to replace the bcm will just take it to holden 2 program it, a mate recon they didn't charge to much when his went

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Contact trev at holden diagnostics on Facebook he's North island based and can test and relink all your modules and key if you send them too him he has the mean bench setup

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Or I think his username on here is hsv08