Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Touch up paint

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I some how managed to clip the entrance of my friends garage when i was pulling into it yesterday and scratch the paint on my front bumper. I want to get it fixed, what are my options?
If i buy that touch up paint how do i make it look as least obvious as possible?

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,136

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Hmmm that's a bit big for using touch up paint without it being obvious methinks...

First thing to do is get some polish out and polish it. See how much it disappears from just doing that. You may be surprised.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
lol a customer came to me once with a similar graze and bought some touch up paint. turned out horrible...

so if you cant polish it out then just get it sprayed, would be fairly cheap

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah i think ill just polish it out and see how it looks.
how much will a respray cost?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
a few hundo
I got my front bar resprayed after similar scrape i think it was 250 cash in hand

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
if you're handy with a spray gun, you can do it yourself.. but that's too much damage to just brush on some touch-up paint. It will stand out like (add appropriate metaphor here)

I honestly can't see any amount of polishing doing much to help either. It may lessen the contrast a little of the lower third - but it looks to me like it's through the clear even there. Touch up guys (or similar will be your cheapest bet, as said - otherwise a respray