Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar dress trims

Al Bo

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E1 GTS 6.2L
Anybody know of something to dress up the jaggered blood hole in the rear bumper around the Hayman Reese towbar fitted?

Tried googleing, can't seem to find anything.

Started fabing something out of steel but thought maybe it'd be easier if there was a generic pre-made gizzmo

Attachments

• 20210531_183210.jpg
    20210531_183210.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 126

Al Bo

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E1 GTS 6.2L
Sorry not the cap.

Something that will possibly attach to the gooseneck where it protudes through the bumper to hide the dodgy hole that they had to cut.

I'll just fab up exactly what iam thinking and post some pics for anyone interested.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Ah misunderstood, normally pinchweld is used to cover up the cut they do on VF sedan bars

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
There is dress ring that was usually installed with OEM Towbars/Hitches,
I had one on mine but removed it and didn't re-fit it when I replaced the rear Bumper cover.
If you have a Wrecker handy, possible they may have one,
As I have seen them on cars at the Wreckers here in Melbourne.

Personally I always leave the Tow Bar Tongue on/in, as its the "Best Insurance" for the rear of your car,
especially when some one rolls into you at the lights, while they are piss farting around on their phone, as a lot of people are nower days,
and also in some Car Parks,
As they will do MORE damage to their car.
Weigh the costs up, what would it cost to replace the Bumper Cover ? Especially Now ?
I damaged mine [Backed in to a small concrete pole slowly], and had to get a replacement,
I was quoted $400 for the Bumper Cover [After Market], or Repair the old one for $400 , and $400 to respray it in Heron White,
and my excess is $1,200.

So I found a Wrecker on eBay and worked out where he was [in Dandenong] rang him up, and went across and had a look, as he had a few Genuine one's in Heron White, and good condition for $190 inc GST.
[With Reversing Sensors, but I used my original ones]
Got it home, cleaned it up, Polished it, and then Waxed it,
Fitted it.
The Rest is history.

Site Note: Maybe give the Tow Bar and Hitch a Coat of [Spray] Paint, to bring it up to look new.

Last edited: