Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar for sv6?

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
Does anyone have a towbar on there sv6?....if so what type?...And is it possible to have the black plastic bumper plug back in place when the towing tongue is not in use.....thanks!

wablacksv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV8M6
Use towbar with square type removeable tongue. I use one on my SV8. It's heavy duty and costs a little more but looks heaps better than the crappy std type. You can't refit the plug as the towbar protrudes into the opening so you have access to the hole where the pin goes to secure the removeable tongue.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
crewzincool said:
Does anyone have a towbar on there sv6?....if so what type?...And is it possible to have the black plastic bumper plug back in place when the towing tongue is not in use.....thanks!

Where abouts do you live? Different towbar makers have different types.

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
Thanks, the square type sounds like the go...i live in newcastle

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Square/reese/under car type is the best. Better load rating and look. However you will end up with more clutter, plates and brackets to strengthen it. Some bar makers have plates in your boot, others have everything underneath.

The only problem with a "square" type is that some bars can stop you having LPG tanks installed in the future as some mounts can intrude on the tanks space.

(sorry couldnt resist all the info, I now fit towbars for a living :) . It sucks)

Steve.

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
slundy said:
The only problem with a "square" type is that some bars can stop you having LPG tanks installed in the future as some mounts can intrude on the tanks space.(Steve.

You should not put the SV6 on gas anyway so it is not a concern. Maybe if you have the lower output motor you would need to consider this. Holden note it in the owners manual.

Brasstard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I have a 1600kg tow pack for sale if you are interested. never been used. It was fitted to the car and then we bought a caravan and I had to upgrade to 2300kg so the 1600 had to come off. drop me an email and we can talk price. I am located on the central coast. [email protected]

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Crewz,
Mate I put on the 2100kg Reese bar (black/square- removeable tow bar)
is chunky enough that you cannot replace the plastic bumper surroud when not in use BUT.......you can get a chrome fascia cover from Autocheap that covers up the ugly bits as much as possible. :thumbsup:
Suggest you go for the heavier duty towbar rather than the lightweight trailer towbar setup but...each to their own:thumbsup:
Cheers Rogues