Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar Specifications Sticker

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Try that for size
It’s from my VY if that helps, assuming yours is a 2100kg towbar/hitch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
No sticker on my Crewman. The spec plate is welded to the towbar, for convenient viewing when on your back under the rear of the car.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
This is the sticker on my drivers door.
50 mm wide x 40 mm high.
I don't believe this sticker has any bearing on the legalities of the car for towing, more so advice for the driver, but the tag welded to the tow bar is the important one.
Tow bar sticker.JPG

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The plate on the towbar is the legal requirement, no need for the sticker, it's only for information. Aftermarket towbars don't come with that sticker.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My VF has as a Holden accessory towbar fitted and it has no visible plate. If you wiggle under the rear of the car, you’ll be able to see a sticker that lists the part numbers but other info such as load ratings isn’t list on the label.

The only place on my vehicle where there is any tow ball max load and max trailer weight listed is specified is on the sticky label placed on the drivers b-pillar. Call it what you will but this label is required for compliance purposes.

Use of such sticky labels seem to have replaced many of the older pressed or engraved metal plates that were in use. Now we have sticky labels that simply don’t have the longevity of the old style plates. I always preferred the pressed or engraved metal plates...

If the VZ had a visible metal plate attached to the towbar that lists manufacture, part number, max towball and trailer weights, then you could ignore the faded sticker on the b-pillar.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
hmm better check mine

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
My VF has as a Holden accessory towbar fitted and it has no visible plate. If you wiggle under the rear of the car, you’ll be able to see a sticker that lists the part numbers but other info such as load ratings isn’t list on the label.

The only place on my vehicle where there is any tow ball max load and max trailer weight listed is specified is on the sticky label placed on the drivers b-pillar. Call it what you will but this label is required for compliance purposes.

Use of such sticky labels seem to have replaced many of the older pressed or engraved metal plates that were in use. Now we have sticky labels that simply don’t have the longevity of the old style plates. I always preferred the pressed or engraved metal plates...

If the VZ had a visible metal plate attached to the towbar that lists manufacture, part number, max towball and trailer weights, then you could ignore the faded sticker on the b-pillar.
That plate won't be visible but is there on genuine towbars, will just need to remove the bar to see it

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The tow bar has a steel plate that is all they look at. When they enter the VIN into the computer it tells them hiw much you can tow they then check the tow bar to make sure it's rated also.