Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towing a ski boat with a vf2 ss wagon

Lachie52

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline wagon
hi was just wondering if anyone has or does tow a ski/wake boat with there vf's. For the upcoming summer we are looking into buying a 6.7m boat with a total boat and trailer weight of 1800kg. But I am yet to find a tow bar to use yet. Any advice or ideas will be appreciated cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-084555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-084555_Gallery.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Snapchat-1997299351.jpg
    Snapchat-1997299351.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 232

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The factory tow pack with the load-stabiliser bars attached is rated for 2100kg (I assume something weighing 1800kg would be braked).
That, or a copy of it, should be easy enough to get a hold of.

And the car’ll do it pretty easily, IMHO.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Probably not electric brakes, but will have the hydraulic hitch (with the little flap to lock it out when reversing)
Will it tow it, yeah, although you'll notice it at times.
If it was to be a few kms to/from a lake or river then no worries.

But also worthwhile considering what ramps etc you're putting the boat in on.
Some can really suck either getting to them or the surfaces arent fun with limited traction.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
4x4’s are the ideal vehicle for launching boats as they have both traction and clearance. They are also better designed to cope with deeper water.

A VF on the other hand may not cope well at getting its bum repeatedly wet. I’ve seen photos on these forums of the damage water can do to bimodal actuators (was it @stooge that posted them?).

I‘d hate to try and launch a boat on a slippery ramp only for the car to slide in so I have to climb out and swim back to the shore :p

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
A VF on the other hand may not cope well at getting its bum repeatedly wet. I’ve seen photos on these forums of the damage water can do to bimodal actuators (was it @stooge that posted them?).

yes i think the guy i got them off was using his vehicle to launch/retrieve his boat at ramps because both were full of water.

Moph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V wagon
Aren't all the manual VF's (Series I and II) limited to 160kg ball load / 1600kg braked towing capacity? That's what the standard sticker on my VF Series I Calais V wagon says anyway.

mSAsBOc.png

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Aren't all the manual VF's (Series I and II) limited to 160kg ball load / 1600kg braked towing capacity? That's what the standard sticker on my VF Series I Calais V wagon says anyway.

mSAsBOc.png
But all wagons are autos so if he gets the towing distribution hitch should be fine.

Moph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V wagon
But all wagons are autos so if he gets the towing distribution hitch should be fine.

Ah, wasn't aware of that - thought all SS variants were manual. Thanks for the correction.