Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Toyota 86

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Well done PIR4TE you have turned this thread to crap. Why the hell would you bother posting **** comments on a car you don't like? The OP never asked you to compare an 86 to a VE SS so really everything you have posted has been utter garbage and useless.
Everyone say hello to the new replicagtsr. School holiday must be here early.

OK, don't need this, and sure as hell the moderators are not going to chime in. Nice one Spud, I'm out.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I saw that omission, rectified. Try again.

Hakhawk wasnt asking about the acceleration benefits of more torque. Read what he asked. Then maybe you can edit your post again to match.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hakhawk wasnt asking about the acceleration benefits of more torque. Read what he asked. Then maybe you can edit your post again to match.

Sorry I'm not Julius Sumner Miller FFS, but a Z50 mini trail and a Ferrari would also be the same in that case.
Somebody close this!!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Last I checked your not the op so who exactly are you demanding
mods close this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Lets see, you don't drive a V8 Commodore so you want to know what its like... same speed there's no difference. Put foot down normally[/] under 2k rpm and you get there quicker given same weight and gears.

you-dont-say.jpeg

i dont need to drive a v8 commodore to know what its like.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Well done PIR4TE you have turned this thread to crap. Why the hell would you bother posting **** comments on a car you don't like? The OP never asked you to compare an 86 to a VE SS so really everything you have posted has been utter garbage and useless.
Everyone say hello to the new replicagtsr. School holiday must be here early.

At least this was semi-informative. If this conversation was in person, we'd all be civil, learn some new stuff, and move on.

With a comment like yours, you'd just get a slap upside the face.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sorry I'm not Julius Sumner Miller FFS, but a Z50 mini trail and a Ferrari would also be the same in that case.
Somebody close this!!

I wasnt aware that the question asked for other examples?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Why are we comparing a VE SS to an 86? It's an extremely pointless and irrelevant argument.

They are different cars, designed with their own purpose in mind, and both are very good for their price.

PIR4TE, you are embarrassing yourself. An SS has more torque? Yeah no **** mate. They are different cars with a different purpose. The aim of the 86 is not to be a V8 killer, it's a cheaper range car which handles well and is fun to drive. From all reports it has an extremely well designed chassis and could probably teach people more about driving than an overpowered car which does not handle as well.

If you want a big car that's fast in a straight line with heaps of standard equipment then by all means buy a VE SS (they are great cars). But don't feel the need to make irrelevant arguments as to why a car is for 'hairdressers" (seriously?) just to validate your own narrow minded opinion.