Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Toyota Lexcen 5L swap to a V6 92’ Buick

mrspanakopita

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Calais
Hi all, just wondering if you can swap a 5L from a Toyota Lexcen to a VP Buick just as easily as you could from another commodore? I thought mechanically they were basically the same car but I’ve read in other areas that you can’t. Any info which can help is appreciated

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If it is a Lexcen with a 5L in it, it has been farnarkled from a V6 to make it work.
So if you are going to swap it into a Commodore V6, there may be the electronic thingybits swapped already in the Lexcen for your convenience.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If they're same year model & both th700 with tv cable should mostly be swap=over although Lexcens never came out with v8 so whatever it is has been messed with.

I've always thought of Lexcen models being vr or vs nothing earlier that I remember....which are 4l60e with different wiring & other modifications if were to fit into earlier vn.

You won't really know untill compare the 2 cars side by side

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If they're same year model & both th700 with tv cable should mostly be swap=over although Lexcens never came out with v8 so whatever it is has been messed with.

I've always thought of Lexcen models being vr or vs nothing earlier that I remember....which are 4l60e with different wiring & other modifications if were to fit into earlier vn.

You won't really know untill compare the 2 cars side by side
The first lexcen was VN era