Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Toyota Ripoff!

M

mike11121

Hi Guys,

I have just inhereted my father-in-law's 93 Toyota Lexcen. It's my first Commodore (I don't care what the badges say - that's a VP Commodore mate!), and in really good nick, but the bloody radio security code had been lost (he probably changed the battery sometime) so now I have to figure the code.

I rang Toyota to get the code (armed with the rego papers, VIN number etc) but they said that:
a) they don't keep the codes,
b) they can reset it, but it will be chargeable as a minimum of 30-45 minutes workshop time.

What?! A complete ripoff in my opinion - if Ford can get the code in 30 seconds (providing you have proof of ownership, of course), why do Toyota want to charge for it (apart from greed, of course). Oh what a feeling indeed.

Since it looks a lot like a VP, I was wondering whether the VP's use the same Eurovox head unit? If so, do you know whether Holden charge for resetting/recalling the code.

If Toyota can reset the code, anyone know how they do it? I really don't feel like paying those thieves if I can avoid it . . . First they ripoff the car, then the owners it seems.

Cheers

Mike

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Go to supercheap and buy a $20 tape deck.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Toyota most likely ring up holden themselves and get them that way.
I think if you went to holden with the VIN they would be able to sort it out for you.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Yes I have never heard of re-setting the code on them and yes it's the same radio as they use in the VP just go to holden for most of it but they will charge you for the code each dealer sets there own price for the code why have no idea like you said greed Ford has no charge for there codes.

V

vpcrappadoor

its a toyota if it says its a toyota not a holden...badges say different :hit: :hit:

now for ya stezza goto a shop and buy a new one and dont goto a STEALERSHIP!!!!! :w00t:

S

scott_dog_1

go to your local dealership to parts with proof of ownership (rego papers) etc and they'll get it for you in 30 seconds no charge. its one of the most common things people come in for.