Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TPMS showing low pressure FLH wheel. MY17 SSV SPORTSWAGON.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
HELP ! TPMS suddenly started showing low pressure, 192kPa today. Pumped it up at servo to 250 and within a couple of hours it was back down to 216. Fortunately not far from home. Got home, pumped Tyre back up to 250kpa and I’ve parked her up for the night.
Suffered some slight kerb rash about 10,000km’s ago at low speed.. Car has done 18,900km’s. Car is almost due it’s 20,000km service. I have the Shmick package also. Any advice on how to progress ???
Thank you in anticipation.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Not due to a flat tyre..?

A screw that has lodged itself into the tyre can cause readings like what you are reporting..

Reactions: NME
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 Commodore Calais V8
Get down on your hands and knees and do a visual examination of the tyre in question. Then run the flat of your hand over the surface of the tyre,feeling for any objects that might be imbedded in the tyre. If theres no result move the car foward so that the contact patch can be examined in the same way. Dont be afraid to get your hands dirty.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 Commodore Calais V8
Im assuming you checked for a leaking valve when you pumped the tyre back up

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
IMHO, there's almost no chance that it's anything but the tyre or valve.

First stop is a tyre shop IMHO, they'll hopefully do something like immersing it in a big vat of water to find the leak, and then bung it up or replace the valve.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Gents. Sure enough, there’s a teck screw embedded in the tyre. Down to 132kPa overnight. Today, two new front tyres...

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
All booked in for today @ Ian Diffen Rockingham.
2x BRIDGESTONE Potenza 245 RE050A.
Me being Mr Instant Gratification n’all, I want my tyres TODAY !!!
Both local Bridgestone stores are unable to source the tyres today, yet Ian Diffen ARE able to source them TODAY ! So I pay an extra $80 or so, but I get them today. Also Ian Diffen Rockingham have 115 5 star reviews compared to 42 5 star reviews for the Rocko Bridgestone store.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Were the tyres particularly worn? Or did the screw literally screw-up the tyre so bad it couldn't be plugged/bunged/repaired?

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Were the tyres particularly worn? Or did the screw literally screw-up the tyre so bad it couldn't be plugged/bunged/repaired?
I don’t know about these things...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I ... I don't want to be an arsehole & tell you something when it's too late to do anything about it ... PLUS my information could be old, so you can't take what I say as gospel.

However, every time I've ever had a screw or a nail in a tyre, they've use a specially-designed plug and it's cost me only about $50-$80 or thereabouts. Because if you drive like my wife does, you'd get another 20k+ km's out of those front tyres, which is ... what, about $300's worth?

Given you're driving what's probably a ~$60k car which uses just fuel at ~20c/km, that ~$200 isn't worth worrying about that much; but maybe just something to remember in future. :)
And as I said, my info's old, and maybe lower profile tyres can't be plugged the way you used to be able to do them.