Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TPS problem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais
Hi guys i just replaced the TPS on a VN 304 but after a bit of reading I seem to be missing the plastic drive adaptor that goes from the shaft to the TPS ...no I didn't loose it it wasn't there to begin with... What does this do ? Is it important and if so how do a find another one ? Thanks in advance .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't believe your VN will have the plastic spacer.

Later style TB's used a thinner shaft to accommodate roller bearing (in the TB body) and needed the plastic spacer sleeve to take up the slop created by the use of the thinner throttle shaft. The early TB's with the thicker TB shaft don't need the plastic spacer. I'm not sure exactly when the later style TB came into use, possibly VR.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais

Later style TB's used a thinner shaft to accommodate roller bearing (in the TB body) and needed the plastic spacer sleeve to take up the slop created by the use of the thinner throttle shaft. The early TB's with the thicker TB shaft don't need the plastic spacer. I'm not sure exactly when the later style TB came into use, possibly VR.
Wow great info. Thanks very much for your time greatly appreciated

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Should be date code stamped on throttle body to work out what year/model it's from & blade should say 65mm to be correct size.

New tps should be straight swap over

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

I can confirm a stock VR V8 has the plastic sleeve.