Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tr6060 gearbox 2nd gear problem

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Hey all,
Has anyone experienced issues with the ve manuals not enjoying stationary shifting into second at high rpm? I know it sounds ominous, but before anyone jumps to conclusions we were breaking in a new pad at a mates farm. Car is tuned, torque management is disabled, esc was off.

Clutch was fully derpressed to the floor but 2nd gear refused to engage, just ground the synchos. Released clutch in neutral then tried for 2nd again while the rpm was still higher and no engagement...just grinding. Continued to grind all the way back down to about 2000rmp (i didnt hold it there continuosly grinding it, just kept trying to engage as the revs came back down).

The box is generally smooth when driving normally, the clutch isnt slipping, gears have positive engagement and dont jump out, theyre not hard to engage either. This was the first bit of 'abuse' the car has had, and after that experience itll probably be the last. Shifting into second at higher rmp with road speed to back it up isnt an issue.

I just cant see what would cause it, other than the clutch not disengaging completely/dragging at high rmp for some reason.

Yes, im well aware that not being a ********, trying to flat shift into 2nd and doing burnouts will prevent this issue. So i dont need to be told that much.

From what ive read the tr6060s tend to shift better when theyre getting 'driven' instead of being babied around town.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on it. Clutch is dragging, needs a slights adjustment or something along those lines hopefully.