Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Track day Ks too low. 1200k

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Track mode doesn't turn all the driver aids off. TC, ESP, ABS etc are all still active. But, they are set much more "aggressively", I.e they are far less intrusive. Tq management is turned way down and throttle response is more akin to a cable throttle. The steering is very direct and quite hard with great feedback. The auto is also quite aggressive and will jump into the "Active Performance Mode" under heavy breaking and cornering. Holding gears to redline and down shifting while breaking. This is great as it allows you to trail the throttle through turns, using power to elicit over steer at will.
Leave it in track mode and enjoy mate.

Colonel161

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Track mode doesn't turn all the driver aids off. TC, ESP, ABS etc are all still active. But, they are set much more "aggressively", I.e they are far less intrusive. Tq management is turned way down and throttle response is more akin to a cable throttle. The steering is very direct and quite hard with great feedback. The auto is also quite aggressive and will jump into the "Active Performance Mode" under heavy breaking and cornering. Holding gears to redline and down shifting while breaking. This is great as it allows you to trail the throttle through turns, using power to elicit over steer at will.
Leave it in track mode and enjoy mate.
Thanks Cuda, great advice and info, apologies for the slow response, been away travelling but good to be back, so you wouldn’t use the paddle shifters as the track mode in full auto will do most of the work ? All my previous V8s have been manuals and given I’ve never done a track day in this car or any other for that matter I’m flying blind so too speak as far as aggressive driving in an auto as I really don’t thrash my car around the streets or highways. I’m really looking forward to the day, but as I mentioned earlier I’ll build into it and see how I go.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'm doing another Philip Island track day in my MSE in early Oct, very exciting! Just had my tyres checked and getting a service next week. After a few at the same track it's really fun challenging yourself to be better and get better times.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I reckon Id have issues with always wanting to put it sideways.