Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issues

TommyC23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2 redline
I have a s2 ssv redline when I take traction control off and esp by holding down button for 5 seconds or more. it seems it does not want to break traction I have taken it to holden they say there are no error codes showing. but it use to go sideways before but now it does not. even in the wet. if anyone has insight into this dillemma would be appreciated.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
some torque management supposedly stays on unless turned off in the ECU by a tuner.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@TommyC23 has your car been serviced by Holden between the time you could go sideways and now when the nanny function takes control?

Have you bought new stickier tires for your car which could be the reason traction won’t break?

I ask about service because it is not inconceivable that some updated calibration file related to torque management could have been flashed to your car to better protect the gearbox/diff. It. An be a stealth charge to the detriment really :oops:

Such was done by Ford quite some years ago when there were clutch/diff reliability issues on one of their performance cars. Luckily their was an uproar which changed the blue ovals tactics where they went back to basics and fixed the clutch and diffs to take the power the engine was sold as producing. Presumably they returned the calibration back to the way it was with less torque management.

So, go back to the dealer and ask them about any recent calibration changes related to gearbox and or engine torque management. Oh, and this has nothing to do with a fault as such as a changed calibration file is simply a change to the operational envelope. Id suspect fault codes shouldn’t be flagged when torque management kicks in as it is working as designed - no fault as such.