Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control problem VX s pack

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
take off the surround around the shifter(and pretty much the centre console, sorry if im not too accurate as i have a manual so my switch is on the dash to the right of the ignition) once you have the console out(once again, im not sure if you can pop just the trac button out?) just check the wires are connected to the switch, if not, reconnect them and see how it goes. unfortunately thats as far as i can help via text(im shithouse at explaining stuff in text/voice, im more of a hands on teacher! LOL where abouts r u?

Zedhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Gen3 Berlina
TRAC light stays ON

I know the problem. You're not going to like it though, I'm sorry to say.
You have a faulty ABS unit (common fault). Had the same thing happen to me with my dads VX.
Seems the connector on the unit itself has a habit of getting dry joints & is "NON SERVICABLE".
Costs around $400 to replace.

Holdenvx#5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx v6 Calais
TRAC light stays ON

I know the problem. You're not going to like it though, I'm sorry to say.
You have a faulty ABS unit (common fault). Had the same thing happen to me with my dads VX.
Seems the connector on the unit itself has a habit of getting dry joints & is "NON SERVICABLE".
Costs around $400 to replace.
Heya, have just had this happen to mine is there any way around it apart from buying the whole module?

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Me too. Was intermittent, went away for months, now on solid.
I have a bulletin from Injectronics. THey sell a replacement TRAC module. From what I can see, it's only the front part of the ABS unit - the bit the big plug attaches to. And you dont have to dismantle the ABS unit, just the plug and 4 screws.

On this, when I turn the ignition ON, there is the sound of the IAC motor homing and setting itself, then a pause, then a clunk sound from the ABS controller. I know the ABS unit does a self test when the car starts moving, but any idea what the clunk sound is? It might be just the modulator motor self testing, but I dont remeber hearing it before.