Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control Problem

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
for some reason it is not all the time but my traction control turns off it self, like i start the car up and some reason dont always notice its turned itself off but it does

its not a globe issue because i tested to make sure it was actually off by putting foot down and spinning the wheels very very easy. I push the buttons many of times to try and turn it on even hold it down for a couple of seconds still doesnt turn on.

When i went in to book my car in for a 80,000km service 450 its costing me, i mentioned the traction control to the service department and the guy looked at me in a like what the F**K kind of way, thinking nah this aint right ive never heard of this before type of look.

Would anyone know what could be wrong with my traction control?

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Traction control is automatically always turned on when you start the car, but if yours is turning itself off, and you've tested to make sure the globe is working, does it come on as TRAC OFF??

Anyway, I had a similar issue, appart from the fact I couldnt turn it off. I had the same thing from the service guys at the desk when I said it wasnt working etc and they looked at me blankly (imagine homer simpson with a box full of donuts look). After looking at the problem and plugging the Tech2 in to clear some fault codes, they said it was working fine, tested ok blah blah blah.....then a few hrs later I couldnt turn it off again.

Took it back, different tech looked at the car and actually found that over time, some water had got in to the traction control lines to the ABS module, and rusted out the connections to over ride the system manually. They replaced the lines and cleaned up the connections, and been working fine since.

Possibly may be the same sort of issue you're describing, but in turn might be shorting out the connections and turning itself off...worth a look :)

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
yeah, thanks for that, just got it bak from the service department, they reckon that they couldnt find anything wrong with it, but its only every so often it happens so yea will have to wait and see if it happens again.

damn bastards flogged my car while i wasnt there waiting for the car, fair bit of fuel has been used just for a 80,000 km service oh well, least i didnt own the senator that a salesman fueled up and really flogged that one to death

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
I have come across this problem a couple of times when servicing some customers cars that especially when the vehicle is cold the traction light will come on and therefore it will not work initially. After driving the vehicle and warming the vehicle up I then have switched the ignition off and back on again and the light has then gone out. I remember reading somewhere that if one of the sensors detects that the temp is below a certain level the traction control will switch itself off automatically. It is definately nothing to worry about and once warm the vehicle will perform faultlessly. I have seen the problem so I do know what you are refering too.