Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control stuck on?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by JakeVFSV6, Feb 8, 2020.

1. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    I have a 2015 Holden VF SV6 auto

When trying to turn all traction control off in the VF (I know you have to Holden the “traction control” button for 8-10 seconds for the esp to turn off as well as the traction control) but even when I have it all turned off, I still can’t get the wheels to spin properly (get the smallest smoke and just tire screeching) i can drop great burn outs/ skids in a VE SV6 and a VE V8

also when doing a burnout in the VF I put it in the sport manual **** and some times it just won’t go above 3-4000 revs and get will just bounce around that rev range and sometimes it will make it to the 6-7000 revs then just die and I have to wait for the revs to go all the way back down before starting againz

I have heard that you have to get them tuned out but other people have tried in my car and can not get the wheels to spin

I don’t want people having a sook, yes I know it a burnout, yes I know it’s an SV6 not a v8 (legally cannot drive a V8 yet)

If you do have a solution or an idea please let me know

2. Mattricho

Mattricho Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV my15
    Or go down to your local “closed neighbourhood corner” spray some Diesel around and boom 650+hp and a another car going to the wreckers next week

3. lmoengnr

lmoengnr Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
    Its probably the 'anti abuse' mode, so idiots cant f**k up the drive line...

4. 07GTS

07GTS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VEGTS BLOWN E85
    yep good old TM and bake TM can't turn that off

JakeVFSV6 likes this.
  5. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    If/when the police catch you doing or trying to do a burnout in your car on a public road, they will not have a sook, just take your car from you for a period of time. That may give pause so you can contemplate how long you’ll loose your license and how much it will cost you to take Uber.

And, if your license is actually cancelled rather than suspended, you may be back on P’s so it will take you even longer to be able to get the V8 you want.

Solution; don’t try burnouts on a public road. Join a club and do such activities on closed track environment away from public roads. I’m sure the club members would then be able to advise how to disable the auto torque management feature within the gearbox firmware. They’ll also advise what parts will break and need beefing up so the6 won’t continue to break.

Oh, and torque (anti abuse) management has nothing to do with ESC/TC and more to do with Holden protecting the drive line from abuse as @lmoengnr said. No doubt it also reduces Holdens warranty claims.

6. gossie

gossie Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE International 3.6L
    You have been told, now off you go join a proper car club and learn to drive including high speed on track days. Off you go NOW

7. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    Thanks for your concern but at the end of the day I’m looking for a solution not a lecture, I know the risks and consequences but the last part was helpful

(I’m not doing them on public road)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    markalan1two likes this.
  8. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    Thanks for an actual Answer

9. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    Thanks for an actual answer

10. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    looking for an answer or solution, I know the consequences I know where and when to do them.

11. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, Audi S3, Corolla
    give him a break, (so many nannies on here sometimes) how do any of us know that he isn't doing it legally on private property? anyway as already mentioned probably a anti thrash setting in the transmission tune. You can away get a line locker installed then you wont be trying to push against the rear brakes.

villn808 likes this.
  12. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    I was just covering all bases as many posters don’t put all the relevant facts in their first post and I find multiple back and forth can be laborious.

Anyway, a “lecture” can still have useful information so taking the parts relevant to you can be a useful skill to have (which seems to be something you have done). So, if/when you join a club, you’ll be able to pick up even more useful hints... it’s all part of the game and sometimes hearing/reading stuff you may think is irrelevant or even demeaning may actually not be either and just part of the cost of getting the info you find useful.

Enjoy your off road antics :cool: just be ready for hardware failures and $$ leaving your wallet ;)

13. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    Thank you for see my s
    I completely agree with what your saying getting all the information then making a decision is a lot better, I’m fine with what you said and I knew I was going to trigger some people but over all thank you for giving me all the information.

I will start looking Into car clubs

14. JakeVFSV6

JakeVFSV6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
    thank you man for giving me the benefit of the doubt also thanks for the information

15. wobbles123

wobbles123 Member

Members Ride:
    2008 VE SV6 Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Sedan.
    I will give $50 now for the car...wrecked or not....I should make a killing on spare parts particularly on non mechanical parts....which will become as rare as hen's teeth in the future....good luck on wrecking the car!

16. villn808

villn808 Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY15 SSV Sedan
    These comments are pathetic. Bet you guys are all the life of the party.. if you’ve ever been to one. Guy had a legitimate question. Get a life.

abuch47 likes this.
  17. panhead

panhead Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Cars
    If you are trying to spin them up then try a gravel road though it does pepper your side skirts or even better still a grassy paddock.

My dad started teaching us car control when we were about 10 years old and he would take us out onto the clover fields, it was like driving on ice.

18. 07GTS

07GTS Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VEGTS BLOWN E85
    dont use brake at the same time as the "brake torque management" is designed to be able to over power the engine

19. eman1

eman1 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Redline
    I always found the SV6 will do a burnout if you just go full throttle and do donuts but won't do a foot on burnout due to the standard tune, something to do with the brakes applied must tell the ecu not to allow full power?

20. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    They do vary from my experience. We have 3 VF SV6's. 2 auto sedans and a sportwagon. Sedans are 2014 & 2015. The sportwagon is 2017. The sedans are both ex rentals from AVIS. The wagon was new. The 2015 sedan goes like the clappers compared to the other and goes a little harder than the wagon too. Turn off traction and plant it and it will rip a skid from a stop start. Neither of the other 2 do. It's also nicer to drive than the other sedan. I doubt it's neen tuned. Just a different factory tune i guess?