Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JakeVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
I have a 2015 Holden VF SV6 auto

When trying to turn all traction control off in the VF (I know you have to Holden the “traction control” button for 8-10 seconds for the esp to turn off as well as the traction control) but even when I have it all turned off, I still can’t get the wheels to spin properly (get the smallest smoke and just tire screeching) i can drop great burn outs/ skids in a VE SV6 and a VE V8

also when doing a burnout in the VF I put it in the sport manual **** and some times it just won’t go above 3-4000 revs and get will just bounce around that rev range and sometimes it will make it to the 6-7000 revs then just die and I have to wait for the revs to go all the way back down before starting againz

I have heard that you have to get them tuned out but other people have tried in my car and can not get the wheels to spin

I don’t want people having a sook, yes I know it a burnout, yes I know it’s an SV6 not a v8 (legally cannot drive a V8 yet)

If you do have a solution or an idea please let me know

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Or go down to your local “closed neighbourhood corner” spray some Diesel around and boom 650+hp and a another car going to the wreckers next week

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Its probably the 'anti abuse' mode, so idiots cant f**k up the drive line...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I have a 2015 Holden VF SV6 auto

When trying to turn all traction control off in the VF... when doing a burnout... I don’t want people having a sook...

If you do have a solution or an idea please let me know
If/when the police catch you doing or trying to do a burnout in your car on a public road, they will not have a sook, just take your car from you for a period of time. That may give pause so you can contemplate how long you’ll loose your license and how much it will cost you to take Uber.

And, if your license is actually cancelled rather than suspended, you may be back on P’s so it will take you even longer to be able to get the V8 you want.

Solution; don’t try burnouts on a public road. Join a club and do such activities on closed track environment away from public roads. I’m sure the club members would then be able to advise how to disable the auto torque management feature within the gearbox firmware. They’ll also advise what parts will break and need beefing up so the6 won’t continue to break.

Oh, and torque (anti abuse) management has nothing to do with ESC/TC and more to do with Holden protecting the drive line from abuse as @lmoengnr said. No doubt it also reduces Holdens warranty claims.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You have been told, now off you go join a proper car club and learn to drive including high speed on track days. Off you go NOW

JakeVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
If/when the police catch you doing or trying to do a burnout in your car on a public road, they will not have a sook, just take your car from you for a period of time. That may give pause so you can contemplate how long you’ll loose your license and how much it will cost you to take Uber.

And, if your license is actually cancelled rather than suspended, you may be back on P’s so it will take you even longer to be able to get the V8 you want.

Solution; don’t try burnouts on a public road. Join a club and do such activities on closed track environment away from public roads. I’m sure the club members would then be able to advise how to disable the auto torque management feature within the gearbox firmware. They’ll also advise what parts will break and need beefing up so the6 won’t continue to break.

Oh, and torque (anti abuse) management has nothing to do with ESC/TC and more to do with Holden protecting the drive line from abuse as @lmoengnr said. No doubt it also reduces Holdens warranty claims.

Thanks for your concern but at the end of the day I’m looking for a solution not a lecture, I know the risks and consequences but the last part was helpful

(I’m not doing them on public road)

Last edited:

JakeVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
You have been told, now off you go join a proper car club and learn to drive including high speed on track days. Off you go NOW
looking for an answer or solution, I know the consequences I know where and when to do them.