Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
give him a break, (so many nannies on here sometimes) how do any of us know that he isn't doing it legally on private property? anyway as already mentioned probably a anti thrash setting in the transmission tune. You can away get a line locker installed then you wont be trying to push against the rear brakes.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks for your concern but at the end of the day I’m looking for a solution not a lecture, I know the risks and consequences but the last part was helpful

(I’m not doing them on public road)
I was just covering all bases as many posters don’t put all the relevant facts in their first post and I find multiple back and forth can be laborious.

Anyway, a “lecture” can still have useful information so taking the parts relevant to you can be a useful skill to have (which seems to be something you have done). So, if/when you join a club, you’ll be able to pick up even more useful hints... it’s all part of the game and sometimes hearing/reading stuff you may think is irrelevant or even demeaning may actually not be either and just part of the cost of getting the info you find useful.

Enjoy your off road antics :cool: just be ready for hardware failures and $$ leaving your wallet ;)

JakeVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden VF SV6 storm
looking for an answer or solution, not a lecture, I know the consequences I know where and when to do them.
give him a break, (so many nannies on here sometimes) how do any of us know that he isn't doing it legally on private property? anyway as already mentioned probably a anti thrash setting in the transmission tune. You can away get a line locker installed then you wont be trying to push against the rear brakes.

Thank you for see my s
I was just covering all bases as many posters don’t put all the relevant facts in their first post and I find multiple back and forth can be laborious.

Anyway, a “lecture” can still have useful information so taking the parts relevant to you can be a useful skill to have (which seems to be something you have done). So, if/when you join a club, you’ll be able to pick up even more useful hints... it’s all part of the game and sometimes hearing/reading stuff you may think is irrelevant or even demeaning may actually not be either and just part of the cost of getting the info you find useful.

Enjoy your off road antics :cool: just be ready for hardware failures and $$ leaving your wallet ;)

I completely agree with what your saying getting all the information then making a decision is a lot better, I’m fine with what you said and I knew I was going to trigger some people but over all thank you for giving me all the information.

I will start looking Into car clubs

JakeVFSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden VF SV6 storm

thank you man for giving me the benefit of the doubt also thanks for the information

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
thank you man for giving me the benefit of the doubt also thanks for the information
I will give $50 now for the car...wrecked or not....I should make a killing on spare parts particularly on non mechanical parts....which will become as rare as hen's teeth in the future....good luck on wrecking the car!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
These comments are pathetic. Bet you guys are all the life of the party.. if you’ve ever been to one. Guy had a legitimate question. Get a life.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If you are trying to spin them up then try a gravel road though it does pepper your side skirts or even better still a grassy paddock.

My dad started teaching us car control when we were about 10 years old and he would take us out onto the clover fields, it was like driving on ice.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
dont use brake at the same time as the "brake torque management" is designed to be able to over power the engine

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I always found the SV6 will do a burnout if you just go full throttle and do donuts but won't do a foot on burnout due to the standard tune, something to do with the brakes applied must tell the ecu not to allow full power?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
They do vary from my experience. We have 3 VF SV6's. 2 auto sedans and a sportwagon. Sedans are 2014 & 2015. The sportwagon is 2017. The sedans are both ex rentals from AVIS. The wagon was new. The 2015 sedan goes like the clappers compared to the other and goes a little harder than the wagon too. Turn off traction and plant it and it will rip a skid from a stop start. Neither of the other 2 do. It's also nicer to drive than the other sedan. I doubt it's neen tuned. Just a different factory tune i guess?