Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control VR

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
My workplace had Commodores a few years ago as work cars, now we have eeww falcons, the first thing I did when driving them was to hit the TRAC ON button to off :whistling

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I am sure this has been discussed before.
I know on my VX the ABS module works with the ECU. If I lose traction the ABS detects it and I believe applies brake pressure to the spinning wheel plus I think either spark or fuel is cut to reduce torque. Sounds bad when you have an after market exhaust.

After driving cars that don't have traction control and been through advanced driving courses I find traction control a hinderance more than being useful but that's just my opinion

would be perfect world if everyone did advanced driver training but they don't.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i remember my mates vx, trac was useless and cut it and dangerous times, your better off without it

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
mate, I hate traction control. every time its supposed to have helped in the wet, its only ****ed the situation up more because I couldnt open the throttle up to correct the slide.

just learn to drive without it on. Im sure u do already anyway.\

*edit* just read the above post. Agree 100%. Always cuts your power just when you need it to get youself out of the situation its supposed to stop in the first place. also, you dont need to do an advanced driver course to know what to do, just know how to countersteer and when to use the accellerator instead of just slamming the brakes when you spin.

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
mate....if you aint got it don't worry about waistin your money on getting it installed. it can most definitly be more hassle than it's worth puting it in, and not only that it can be dangerous when you don't want it kicking in. my 5ltr vs clubby didn't have it, and my vyss has it but i turn it off almost every time i get in. if you don't want your wheel's spinning just use less throttle......

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
well seems like no one likes traction control and i guess if its gonna stop you from accelerating out of a slide then it wouldnt really help at all.. so maybe i'll just forget about traction control lol

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
stability control would be better or maybe just learn to drive lol

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
On my VT R8, the traction control worked in conjuction with the ABS pickup sensors on the rear wheels. When it sensed one of the wheels spining faster than the other, it simply reduced the throttle. Again as far as the VT is concerned, between the throttle pedal & cable to the actual throttle body, an electric module intervened which literaly pushed [pulsed] the throttle pedal back up under your foot.

A bit on the dark ages way of doing things but it did work. Saved me a few 360's in the wet:whistling

This is true your pedal will push up when tration control comes on, i was driving a mates vx r8 and it happened! The bad thing about traction control is i went to show a stock gen 3 vt what hsv's are made off and the crap kicked in making the car lose speed and the stocky won lol.The truth is if ya know how to drive and when the car is about to lose control ya don't need it!!