Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control VYSS

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hi all,

I have a question regarding traction control on my VYSS, for those of you who live in Brisbane we have had an enormous amount of rain over the past few days and when driving over the last few days I keep getting Traction low warnings on my LCD display. My rear Tyres are newish and I am not putting the boot in at all, but when it happens I get a buzz noise and lose acceleration response through the peddle. Is this right??

There seems to only be a on/off mode switch and was also wondering if it’s possible to change the sensitivity of the traction control?

Regards

Rob

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
no there isnt a setting to adjust the TC
and yes the when TC kicks in it pushes the peddle back up

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
g'day. i have been having problem's in my VYII as well when driving in the wet. however i don't think it's anything to do with traction control on mine. does it start to miss fire at all? no matter what road speed or rev range i'm doing it will not go away till the problem seem's to.....dry out? are you actually losing traction as i am not when all this goes on. i'm asking around to see if there is a common fault or something. have been told to take out the abs module out next time it happen's to cancel out traction control all together to be sure.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
g'day. i have been having problem's in my VYII as well when driving in the wet. however i don't think it's anything to do with traction control on mine. does it start to miss fire at all? no matter what road speed or rev range i'm doing it will not go away till the problem seem's to.....dry out? are you actually losing traction as i am not when all this goes on. i'm asking around to see if there is a common fault or something. have been told to take out the abs module out next time it happen's to cancel out traction control all together to be sure.

No the car drives fine it just seems to do it when your not expecting it to, if I was pushing it I could understand but I'm not.....I could just turn out of my street and it will warn me of low traction and back off....no a good thing to have happen.

So there is nowhere with the system it can be edited? eg PCM editing?

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
First off.. What tyres are on the rear? A mate just put VE SSV's on his VY and the nankangs they came with are waaaaayyyy too slippery..

-Nick.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
First off.. What tyres are on the rear? A mate just put VE SSV's on his VY and the nankangs they came with are waaaaayyyy too slippery..

-Nick.

Hi,

I am running Falken tyres and todate I have never had an issue with them, but you do bring up a good point as I only had them fitted a couple weeks back.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
mine does the same thing i think it could be caused by the car aquaplaneing thus giving it no traction

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I would be laying my money on the wheels are slipping on the road. I accelerated normally up a hill and got low traction down here in victoria. And on Tuesday morning we had nice fog and traction control kicked in when going around a round about right next to a police station. Felt the rear end drift out a bit. I must admit, my rear wheels arn't 100% new, but still well within legal limits and do grip well in the wet if not trying to accelerate heavily.

sekah

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYI Calais
my tc tends to go a bit mental right after i've given my car a good wash..has anyone else had this happen to them?