Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control VYSS

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
might be a bit of water on the sensor as the water runs over the hub inside the brake disc, and doesn't take much to get t/c operating either, it will pulsate the brake pedal, i haven't driven a holden with t/c as my vy ss doesn't have the switch and will smoke it up as i found out when booting it as i turned right from an intersection on a quiet dark road, but other cars iv driven with t/c have been touchy and brought the t/c light on pritty easily, also the excess of water in queensland wouldn't help with traction and as said when aqua planning it would go crazy. could get holden to check it out if it's annoying you but sounds normal for whats happening, especially with the heavy wet weather.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
might be a bit of water on the sensor as the water runs over the hub inside the brake disc, and doesn't take much to get t/c operating either, it will pulsate the brake pedal, i haven't driven a holden with t/c as my vy ss doesn't have the switch and will smoke it up as i found out when booting it as i turned right from an intersection on a quiet dark road, but other cars iv driven with t/c have been touchy and brought the t/c light on pritty easily, also the excess of water in queensland wouldn't help with traction and as said when aqua planning it would go crazy. could get holden to check it out if it's annoying you but sounds normal for whats happening, especially with the heavy wet weather.

Another very good point, I have only in the past month upgraded the Brakes to bigger PBR HSV rotors & calipers so I will have holden check the sensor to make sure its not damaged or faulty....thanks guys

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
yeh..... im still not sure about the traction control thing as when it kick's in on loss of traction the accelerator pedal will push back against your foot. this is not happening. gonna find out where that abs module is and pull it next time it occur's to narrow down the option's. keep it coming though guy's, it's really annoying and want the problem gone before i gotta pay some bugger to give it a going over.

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
fyi....this is how bad mine is. had to drive 90 odd k's home with it miss firing and rattled 4 exhaust rubber's off...... went through 40ltr's of petrol..... WTF??!!

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
my tc tends to go a bit mental right after i've given my car a good wash..has anyone else had this happen to them?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Whenever I clean my car, soon after I will nearly always get an ESP fail message. It hasn't come up for a long time though (touch wood) but always seems to be within a few days after I have cleaned it.

I also paint my tyres and black plastics with some of that spray on tyre shine so that may also get on a sensor and bugger things up. I try to be careful when using that stuff to try and avoid brakes etc. I have had my car in several times for this ESP fail warning and they say it is something to do with a sensor that needed adjusting or something but they have never really fixed it.