Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by australian videocamera, Jan 10, 2017.

1. australian videocamera

australian videocamera New Member

Members Ride:
    VX MOnaro 5.7 manual 6 speed
    Is this controlled via the ABS module or something else please? Have replaced the ABS module and now traction control is inoperative. Coicidence?
    Oh and does the centre console mounted electric window switch system "pop out" or do you need to dismantle the whole centre console?
    TIA

David

2. Sdel179

Sdel179 Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina V6
    If one of the pins is not connecting on abs connector under the bonnet I will cause the traction control to not turn on.. if you google something like lpg traction control disconnect it should show you the pin that can stop it working on the connection

3. F l a k

F l a k Member

Members Ride:
    '94 VR Exec
    I think the traction control and ABS module are one, but there might be two different modules; one with and one without traction control (ETC). Have a look at the Injectronics website; you can enter the vehicle details and check you have the right module for starters, and go from there.

For the window switches, I've read you have to lift the panel surrounding the switches out, then the switch unit itself. Have a workshop manual? It should be clearer and have pics hopefully.