Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I bet you're fun at parties...
But I can definitely get on board with rural mayhem. Where it's only you , the car and a farmer's fence at risk.
Wonder how many farmers have had to repair their fences because others wanted their thrills but lost control and took the fence out then scurried away like the irresistible dicks they are... Yes they have their fun but when things go bad it seems other people pay always pay.

That their MO, and why they do their **** on the streets, cause it costs them nothing and their car is covered. They are also covered for personal injury if they fcuk themselves up so get a payout. None of which happens on a pad or track which costs them $ for the privilege :rolleyes:

Every single one of them know they are doing the wrong thing, else they wouldn't scurry away like rats leaving a sinking ship when the police arrive on mass at one of their industrial estate events :eek:

As for parties, may be the parties we go to are different. Having a bunch of blokes lining up along a fence to see who can pee highest over the it and into the neighbour yard isn’t someth8ng I’d consider fun and I see doing burnouts in much the same light o_O

But we (at least I can) agree to disagree.

H

harrop.senator

Wonder how many farmers have had to repair their fences because others wanted their thrills but lost control and took the fence out then scurried away like the irresistible dicks they are... Yes they have their fun but when things go bad it seems other people pay always pay.

That their MO, and why they do their **** on the streets, cause it costs them nothing and their car is covered. They are also covered for personal injury if they fcuk themselves up so get a payout. None of which happens on a pad or track which costs them $ for the privilege :rolleyes:

Every single one of them know they are doing the wrong thing, else they wouldn't scurry away like rats leaving a sinking ship when the police arrive on mass at one of their industrial estate events :eek:

As for parties, may be the parties we go to are different. Having a bunch of blokes lining up along a fence to see who can pee highest over the it and into the neighbour yard isn’t someth8ng I’d consider fun and I see doing burnouts in much the same light o_O

But we (at least I can) agree to disagree.

I lost one fence to a young bloke who took mine out. I went and helped him pull the car out the ditch , told him I had no livestock in that paddock ATM.

He was to return with 3 unbent star pickets and the smallest amount of ring lock the feed store sold on the Saturday. I'd lend him my picket driver and strainers.

Took a photo of his license and told him if I didn't see him to fix my fence Saturday I'd fix my fence and he could fix his fence. He came and fixed my fence

If police actually come and do there job when a car accident is reported insurance companies won't be paying out there policy. They'd also be charging them with at least careless driving if they won't admit to skids or have a valid reason for the incident.

Drink driving kills more people and causes a lot more injuries then skids. When we had drift prac every week here anyone that was talked in to coming and trying it practically stopped street skidding.

You were looking at 2.5 K in fines and impoundment fees and a minimum of no license for six months which makes it difficult to work.

They all wised up and said why risk my job for six months and 2.5k because I'm not patient enough to wait til Friday's and pay my $80.

Whoop ass Wednesday here and hoon laws has cut down street racing ten fold compared to 10-15 years ago.

Even when I was still fairly in the loop I stopped hearing of any cash for grabs in Perth.

Most of the car clubs started doing cruises to the drags or drift prac and had stringent rules of anyone misbehaved off track you don't get asked back.

Burnouts , ehh not so much for me. Drifting , yes they're a sport. People are going to want to do it regardless of whether it's legal or not. Controlled situations are ten times better for everyone.

We've got ice skating rinks , velodromes , football fields , cricket fields , shooting ranges and plenty of other sporting facilities.

Entry fee , car safety inspection and a breathalyser and a training course you must pass before going ape **** is a good idea. Just wish we had more then one place to do it in Perth.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I can see why the OP didn't bother coming back, first post is someone insulting his car and then three pages about hooning.

Did anyone think he might be tracking the car?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
@mpower, a point for you to note as you are in Brizzie.

Sunshine is a hooning hotspot (along with neighbouring Tottenham, Broadmeadows, Tarneit, Kalkallo...ask Police for a free list), not a track facility within cooee. I wouldn't even drive through that suburb for fear of being gamed for a drag in broad daylight — it isn't known as the Wild West for nothing!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

Sunshine is a hooning hotspot (along with neighbouring Tottenham, Broadmeadows, Tarneit, Kalkallo...ask Police for a free list), not a track facility within cooee. I wouldn't even drive through that suburb for fear of being gamed for a drag in broad daylight — it isn't known as the Wild West for nothing!

I believe he is innocent until proven guilty.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride

I'd say they're all bloody guilty of something in that rough-as-guts hovel. Knowing Sunshine, people making an assessment of the rowdy Friday and Saturday night goings on and threatening behaviour toward people wanting them to move on are generally correct in that assessment and the vision they have recorded. Skylarking in one of his posts mentioned there are people who actually work in these hitherto industrial areas, on shifts etc., which is very true, and they have to put up with this, including damage to their own cars.

Look, the post was bizarre from the get-go.
If the OP seriously wanted to spin and burn and drag out, he's got the wrong toy.
Get rid of the VF and the Walkies and go back, — way back, to the VK, VL, VN, VP Commies and similarly endowed Fords which are the toys of choice in these rubber-busting get-ups. There will be progressively fewer of the old Holdens and Fords on the roads all done up for nefarious pursuits because they've met their maker in JAWS at the Police pound and crushing facility.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It is not an issue of guilty or innocent, rather it is an issue of acceptance :cool:

As is, OP was told in post #4 that the cause of his woes were anti absue protection. May be he simply accepted that there was nothing he could do other than tune the auto to remove abuse protections and loose all warranty in the process.

After all, this thread died 1st August 2019 and was kicked back into life by @hookalaya via post #5 on 11th Marh 2021 (yes i just noticed it otherwise i wouldn't have typed post #6):eek::p:p:p

PS: I've no sympathy for hoons that get picked up doing the wrong thing on shared public roads. They are all adults and can either cop it on the chin without making more noise than their squeeling wheels or do something constructive. They can lobby for better track access if that's what they want... Enough like minded individuals and the government will capitulate and tracks will abound... But the next complaint will be the cost of going to tracks :rolleyes::p:p:p

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
  • Haha
Reactions: Lex

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

And you know this as factual? You frequent these areas?
I've heard Geelong is the Hooning hopspot, as the only hoons I know live there...

• Love
Reactions: Lex