Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
And you know this as factual? You frequent these areas?
I've heard Geelong is the Hooning hopspot, as the only hoons I know live there...

Yes I do (niece is a Sergeant in Melbourne).
I don't frequent those areas, they are in the print media and police reports often enough to be fair warning they don't need to be visited!

You're right on your second point, but it's not where I am, by the grace of God.

Norlane, Corio, North Shore, North Geelong, Whittington, Limeburner's Point ... (many more) are here around Geelong.
Meanwhile there was a ruckus in this old money suburb where I am. A hoon meet 1km from here, of all places, on a farmer's "vacant lot". Really now. They pulled down the gate and fence to gain access and churned the place.
Then the fun started: they scattered like mice when the farmer turned up with a shotgun, legitimately owned and licensed as he is a Primary Producer. The Police did the rest. Three cars crushed.

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
It is not an issue of guilty or innocent, rather it is an issue of acceptance :cool:

As is, OP was told in post #4 that the cause of his woes were anti absue protection. May be he simply accepted that there was nothing he could do other than tune the auto to remove abuse protections and loose all warranty in the process.

After all, this thread died 1st August 2019 and was kicked back into life by @hookalaya via post #5 on 11th Marh 2021 (yes i just noticed it otherwise i wouldn't have typed post #6):eek::p:p:p

PS: I've no sympathy for hoons that get picked up doing the wrong thing on shared public roads. They are all adults and can either cop it on the chin without making more noise than their squeeling wheels or do something constructive. They can lobby for better track access if that's what they want... Enough like minded individuals and the government will capitulate and tracks will abound... But the next complaint will be the cost of going to tracks :rolleyes::p:p:p
Sorry My bad for reviving an old thread... I didn't realize the post was 2years old but it is still a relevant subject in 2021

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sorry My bad for reviving an old thread... I didn't realize the post was 2years old but it is still a relevant subject in 2021
No problem, we’ve all done that I’m sure and as I mentioned, I didn’t even notice till page 3 of the thread :p

In any case it’s made for an interesting discussion and highlights the vastly different views which I suspect would keep physiologists busy for years as they gain their PhD and define a new class of physiological condition :p

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
No problem, we’ve all done that I’m sure and as I mentioned, I didn’t even notice till page 3 of the thread :p

In any case it’s made for an interesting discussion and highlights the vastly different views which I suspect would keep physiologists busy for years as they gain their PhD and define a new class of physiological condition :p
Yep its funny kos (and I'm probably going to get a caining for this) but if I'm sitting at home with the Mrs and kids watching TV and some wan%#$ pulls up to the give way sign out the front and starts doing a brake burnout then off the brake and keeps it spinning and snaking up the street smoke bellowing from both wheel arches and I always say out loud what a fu!%ing idiot. But then I find myself driving in the wet and the urge to drift round a dead industrial street corner on the way home is rather high. I'm 47 years old lived in Perth southern suburbs all my life grew up in toranas Kingswood early model model commodores but I've always had that demon inside me that wants to see what my car can do. I belive im a safe driver I've never had an accident got my lic the day I was eligible. Had many fines over the years suspensions etc etc. But I have learned to slow down but that inner demon remains and wants to take the wheel every time it rains in Perth ( as I own a ve and heavily controlled anti abuse) stops you being an idiot unless it's wet and in Perth that isn't very often. A place to go semi locally thats big open space closes off on its own low entry fee helmets ⛑️ fire extinguishers etc etc safety crew on hand. No agro no alcohol Then you can get these inner demons out where its safe for everyone and if you wanna be a di%$head and wreck your fancy ride you've spent thousands on upgrades bur never been able to really test what you've created let it be get that demon out then back to mr hyde till next time ....