Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

SpeciaK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline W375
hi guys just bought a VF SS REDLINE WAGON with the Walkinshaw upgrade to 375kw can anyone tell me why I can’t do a on the spot burnout or even drift the traction control kicks in and straightens me up I’m holding the traction button down for a few sec and both lights come on traction & ESP still won’t let go nuts

SpeciaK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline W375
V
WP upgrade says it all
what you mean by that bud you saying that’s the reason I can’t go sideways flat out if that’s it any solution

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
WP have drive line warranty so they keep all torque management enabled so u cant harm it, or if it does brake or get damaged they know it was from excessive use so warranty gets voided, try hold it down for like 10-15 sec it should disable it but u will always have torque management no matter what unless its changed in the tune

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
Pretty sure it anti-abuse same as the VE's try holding the traction controll button down then start your car it shuts it down till u re-start not sure if it works on VF's but youl still have some torque management/anti-abuse. My VE has esp but it will let me drift in the wet when off

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... can anyone tell me why I can’t do a on the spot burnout or even drift the traction control kicks in and straightens me up...
Probably the more important question is why would you want to do such on presumably public roads... it’s against the law and police will impound your ride...

Heck, if you’re one of those selfish nutters that do burnouts or go sideways at night time, keeping people wake, I hope theypolice not only impound your car but a judge put you behind bars... Maybe you’ll learn and grow up a little...

If you want to learn the capabilities of your car, do the correct thing and go to Calder Park, assuming they still have track days ...

If you are exploring the capabilities of your vehicle on a track, I do congratulate you :)

Unfortunately, I believe traction control can’t be fully turned off, only relaxed in stages... Meanwhile torque management (anti abuse?) on autos means you can’t light them up as 300+ Kw and 500+ Nm under the right foot should allow...

And I do find it odd that a LS3 sports sedan with its advertised power/torque figures is limited by torque management in vehicles with auto’s (I don’t think manuals have such limits, or if they do they are higher). It seems very much like false advertising to state such power/torque figures and then not be able to access the full amount and brake traction and/or oversteer because the gearbox may break... It’s very much a bait and switch in my view and I shouldn’t have to pay to remove nanny code form the engine/auto tune... I should just press a button and be able to switch off such nannies when on a track...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have a pair of Nitto Invo's you can borrow, they're really easy to light up....

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Heck, if you’re one of those selfish nutters that do burnouts or go sideways at night time, keeping people wake, I hope theypolice not only impound your car but a judge put you behind bars... Maybe you’ll learn and grow up a little..

Mm-hm.Odds-on bet this is exactly what the OP is. All that expense for a not-so-subtle defeat from the car. The VF just is not, is not, is not designed for hooning. If he wants to hoon, best ditch the Walkies and fancy stuff and go back — way back, to a VP Commodore or earlier which has none of the modern-era 'bells and whistles' designed to keep the driver AND other people all around him, safe.

There are hoons active nearby where I am (Friday and Saturday nights). The police have impounded 7 cars. Three scheduled for crushing.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
.. There are hoons active nearby where I am (Friday and Saturday nights). The police have impounded 7 cars. Three scheduled for crushing.
I‘m often keep awake late at night by selfish hoons plying their idiocy so can’t get “quiet possession” of my own home because if these dicks :mad:

Me, I’d like it that if the owner had multiple cars and hoons in a disposable junk heap, he looses all his cars to the crusher (so disposable junk heaps won’t help to shield his “nice car”)...

I’d also make the owners watch the crushing of their own cars live and the events televised on the news that evening. A few sobbing hoons will make a hilarious news segment :p

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I’d also make the owners watch the crushing of their own cars live

The Police do allow this in Victoria! For P-platers who have been caught up with the wrong crowd and piled money into their first car, this — watching "CLAWS" pick up the car then plonk it into the masher, is the ultimate agony. Unfortunately, after the tears and hysteria, it also sows the seeds of hatred and revenge against police and society in general.