Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control??

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
The chips just botch the air temp readings so the ECU overfuels the engine. Does nothing but chew petrol.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Taking out the ABS module also disables the airbags. Don't take it out - ever. It doesn't make standstills any harder.

The ABS fuse has nothing to do with the SRS.
taking the fuse out is a perfectly acceptable way to disable the system temporarily.

Rob

smokinSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
had that problem with mine to, throwing it into corners is ok but the ecotec has a crap crankcase and you look preccious oil presure or it rattles like a bugger, an external oil resivware?? (spelling is not my best thing ) helped solve that problem. can be bought at most online auctions, re the AFM sencor it is as mentioned in the bottom or the air intake box itself. if you have a pod it you will probibly find it mounted sumwhere on the air intake pipe just behind the AFM itself (air flow meter). adding a pod helps with power BTW,, just make sure you ad a heat sheild. also to help your cause,, a set of brock injestors are cheap and easy. you can lay some coin in and get a better chip etc.. also a cheap $70 can get a larger throttle body and can be installed at home. there a many "home jobs that help" removing factory "middle" muffler, cadi also. even the type of oil you run makes a difference in these cars. as for the actual how to do.. i found with mine instead of flooring it just pump the throttle to get it spinning otherwise she bites and takes off. hope this helps