Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control??

B

beetle81

hey all!
I've just bought a 96 VS acclaim. I've tried sticking it to it a couple of times but the motor puts a hold on things and apparently it is caused by the Traction control. Does anyone know how too disengage it? PLS HELP

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
do u have ABS and IRS if so go in2 ur engine bay open the fuse box and pull out ur ABS fuse but put it back in when ur done... and im assumin this is done at the burnout pit at the drags... the vs doesnt have T/C

B

beetle81

thanks i will give it a go. and yeah it is done out at my mate's farm where we made a big doughnut pad.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
traction control is in the right foot, hang it into a hard turn and nail it, should work every time. sounds like my missus does better skids then you in here VS:whistling

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
standstills should be easy. 2/3 brake full gas... ease off the brake till you rip it up.

There's no t/c in the VS, and IRS and ABS should make no difference.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
abs dosnt pose a problem with me, mine rips it up very easy even with calais fat ass,lol, just not healthy for tyres, trans etc