Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

traction control

kingwalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
ive just got my vx converted to gas last week, ive heard the tractoin control needs to bypassed when running on gas,to stop back firring, can this be done by removing the wires from the switch and bridgeing them toghether so tractoin control is off permantly thanks guys, i have done several similar thing to motorcycle clutch switches

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
M

mwb235

ive just got my vx converted to gas last week, ive heard the tractoin control needs to bypassed when running on gas,to stop back firring, can this be done by removing the wires from the switch and bridgeing them toghether so tractoin control is off permantly thanks guys, i have done several similar thing to motorcycle clutch switches

kingwalker is your conversion the standard "Venturi" (older-style mixer) or the newer gas Injection type?

If it's Venturi then yes you have to disable traction control, but if it's Gas Injection (vapour or liquid) then you don't have to the traction control operates normally.

kingwalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
kingwalker is your conversion the standard "Venturi" (older-style mixer) or the newer gas Injection type?

If it's Venturi then yes you have to disable traction control, but if it's Gas Injection (vapour or liquid) then you don't have to the traction control operates normally.
i would say the older type, the new sequential system is out off my price range, with the goverment paynent it cost me $300.oo cant beat that and saving $$$ on gas, i know it starts up on petrol then goes to gas , one place said t/c light should be on when running on gas, the guy who installed it said its been bypasssed, so im not sure 100% , i just dont no blow back ,blowing the air box up ,
cheers guys