Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction in the wet

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
^ My achilles are ok in the wet but they have a very limited range of grip, once you're out of that range you've got nothing. Take a corner 5km/h too fast and you can feel them starting to go.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I'm confident in my driving, no one else's, and the fact I've nearly hi 2 kids running after balls.

I so have to agree here. Since this thread is about wet weather especially. You drive to the conditions. Speed limits are based on good weather (amongst many other factors and regulations - not all I agree with). But if it's pelting down rain, you drive to the available grip and visibility, and give extra room to react. It scares me when you can barely see the car in front, the road is covered in water and puddles, and some fool flies past at 110kph or more (and it's often in a car that has no safety features like traction or ABS).

Taught a few people to drive over the years, one big bit of advice is to expect others to be idiots that can't drive for #### and will do the wrong thing.

Oh and for the OP - always get the best tyres you can afford. Do some research online as most tyres have been tested and reviewed somewhere. Personally I've gone with Goodyear Eagle F1 D(3?) before and loved them. But they stopped making them for a bit, so now have Dunlop SP Sport Maxx as they test almost identical to the equivalent Eagles (and were on special and available). Been very happy with them. I just don't get people who spend heaps making their car more powerful / better handling and stinge on tyres, therefore wasting money.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Just because it's raining doesn't mean you need to slow down. If your not confident doing the speed limit in the wet, pull the #### over and let the 25 cars behind you past.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Edited.

Cheers.

Last edited:

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Just because it's raining doesn't mean you need to slow down. If your not confident doing the speed limit in the wet, pull the #### over and let the 25 cars behind you past.

I still stick to the speed limit, unless I can't see the end of the bonnet, I only go slower in residential and sometimes commercial only due to kids running after balls and retards flying sideways out of corners without even a glance at what's coming, I've always gone by the advice, drive like everyone else is trying to take you out

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
And it's not very often I have people behind me, only when they're speeding, and on that case, overtake