Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Issues!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ok last 2 days, Noticed something really strange....

My tyres are new, done 2,000km only...... No burnouts nothing!

Last 2 days, i've noticed if i take off in 1st, they spin and my dif limo's.....

Like 235/45 r17's.. Ling long... Other night I tried to spin them brake/accel NO HOPE! Then yesterday just taking off normal and she goes for it...

Really scary actually... Took a friend for a drive known her for years. She complained how much of a rough ride it is. Wheelspin when driving gently, 1st to 2nd gearchange too hard.......

Now.... I'm over the moon... But should I be worried about it?

Today i've been forced to drive in [D] for traction!

Cheers
MaT

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
beh, i wouldn't be complaining :) You know how many people would kill to have their stock(ish) driveline vn limoing off the line on take off?

and if it's that much of a problem, revise your right foot pressage :p

oh, and one more thing re: your diff... if your single is chattering around corners and limoing off the line, i'd be weary of how long it's going to last :p they can weld themselves up if given a thrashing and they get real hot... nice for a while cause it's like a spool, but they can go quite quickly and you'll be "DING, DING, DING, DINGin" all the way home!

cracker

Reaction score
yeah you might have jammed the spider gears up.
although i did a **** load of burn outs with my single spinner and it got a little noiser but still lasted pretty well, then i put a spool in.