Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tradie vehicle advice experience

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Cool. 120k for a ranger?

Gold lined engine bay perhaps LOL

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.03.23 am.png

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
When I worked I had to have a SS ute a great car all round, I could toss the dirt bike in and go camping and sleep in the back right out in the sticks from any camping grounds, fook tent's and fooking around with crap like that.

When the VE ute came about there was not enough room for my work gear and it was hopeless poofters car not a truly a real working mans car anymore, but a bludgers ute or some stuck up snob drives, or a ratbags ute.

I can't stand any one the 4x4 utes to live with doing 50,000km a year in, they are all way to slow and handle like a bucket of ****.

I can't stand the new Colorado what a totally **** full manual gearbox they have, I have to drive 2 of the crap boxes at times and my brother has a new Automatic one and he is not to impressed with its handling.

The reason why some trades need a 4X4 is because the job site is hell to get about on with mud and **** steep hills etc.

If I had to have a 4x4 a V6 VW or Ford 3.2L with lower profile tyres and up rated shocks and then when doing real bush or Fraser just toss the 4x4 wheels and tyres on it, I am not into 4x4 driving, when you have a dirt bike 4x4 driving is just boring as crap for me out in the sticks.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Sold ranger as got it cheap and made some $$$ on it.

Looking at old vy vz one tonners gee they want good $$ for the v8 ones

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Looking at old vy vz one tonners gee they want good $$ for the v8 ones

I was actually looking on car sales a few days ago at the going price of the VY & VZ 1 Tonners, just because I was curious
All the V8's had over 150 k's on them, except for one that had 135 k's on it, and they were asking $12,800
Even though I'm not planning on selling mine, it does make me wonder what it could be worth....Considering it only has 57 k's on it

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Crewman. Old, but still a few with relatively low kms out there.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I was actually looking on car sales a few days ago at the going price of the VY & VZ 1 Tonners, just because I was curious
All the V8's had over 150 k's on them, except for one that had 135 k's on it, and they were asking $12,800
Even though I'm not planning on selling mine, it does make me wonder what it could be worth....Considering it only has 57 k's on it
Wow only 57k.
Found a VY2 s v8 tonner in adelaide with 121k but 13.5k is a bit for such a old car

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Auto...-ONE-TONNER-S-VYII/Glenelg/SA/AdNumber=VKX477

I thought they would be priced ok being 13,15yrs old but not really, funny a similar vintage statesman v8 with all the fruit is around 5k.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Wow only 57k.

Yeah, people don't usually believe the low km's on it are legit when I tell them the speedo reading
I actually fitted a silver faced SS instrument cluster to it after having it reprogrammed by Tazzi @ Envyous Customs, and anybody who has had work done by him will know that he won't do any shonky work
After thoroughly checking it over, a pretty decent test drive and then making the decision to purchase it, I took delivery of it on the 31/1/2013 and it only had 47,800ish km's on it then
Because it's not my daily driver it hasn't clocked up heaps of k's since I bought it, but I sure do enjoy cruising in it on the weekends whenever I get a chance to :)

Last edited: