Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trading Up:: To NEW Holden Commodore VE SS-V Only

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
TehFastyOne said:
.....And who knows. Ford will be releasing the next model in 2008 and that might 5hit all over the VE and everyone will want the new Falcon...

Not a chance in hell of that. I wouldn't care if Holden brought out an AU and Ford were using a Maserati as the basis for a Falcon. I will never buy a Ford. (I might buy a Maserati though! ;) )

P

phantomsv8

TehFastyOne said:
I know the VE has an appealing factor for most. But stop and think.

Trading in your car which is already under finance to a juggernaught might be a bad step.

Pay the car off first and by then an SS-V will be a lot cheaper.

No-one is going to think less of you because you weren't like some morons who bought one brand new, depreciated it's value of around $4000 just driving it out the dealership and cruising around thinking he's top 5hit cause he's got the new commodore.

For $4000... that's pretty expensive in order to have that 'top-5hit' factor. :D

And who knows. Ford will be releasing the next model in 2008 and that might 5hit all over the VE and everyone will want the new Falcon...

You are the Moron for what you wrote!

Just because someone can afford to get a new car (VE SSV Series 1) is no reason to call them a moron.

I purchaced the car because I love holdens and not because I wanted to be king sh*t.

Also where are all the second hand cars going to come from if no one buys one now in series one guise.

I think the answer to the question would be :

If you can afford to upgrade, then do it.

If it is a priority in your life to want this car get it!!
If it is not at the top of your list (ie have kids) then get a second hand one in a year or so, or wait until you have saved enough.

No one is a moron .... we all just have different needs!!

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
phantomsv8 said:
You are the Moron for what you wrote!

Just because someone can afford to get a new car (VE SSV Series 1) is no reason to call them a moron.

I purchaced the car because I love holdens and not because I wanted to be king sh*t.

Also where are all the second hand cars going to come from if no one buys one now in series one guise.

I think the answer to the question would be :

If you can afford to upgrade, then do it.

If it is a priority in your life to want this car get it!!
If it is not at the top of your list (ie have kids) then get a second hand one in a year or so, or wait until you have saved enough.

No one is a moron .... we all just have different needs!!

Thats definitely true. There are people who are very happy with thier really old camry/accord while there are some people who cant get enough supercars into thier garages. Just cos someone is able to buy a car brand new doesnt mean that he is a moron or someone who needs to show off his brand new sh$t.

If thats the case what would you call people who buy ridiculously overpriced Beamers and Mercs, they bought it cos they could afford it..