Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trading Up:: To NEW Holden Commodore VE SS-V Only

mnasteski01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi,

I was wondering how many people have trade in their VZ models and bought the SS-V. I currently have a 2004 Holden VZ SV6 which i bought as a demo car last year under fiance, it currently only has 20,000 KMS on it and I am very tempted at buying the new SS-V.

So I need your opinions, should I keep my current car or upgrade to a SS-V. Also how many of you done this i would like to your comments and opinions.

Thanks

M Nast...

Last edited:

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Thats a no brainer........ UPGRADE!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Im in the same frame of thought. I currently have a 2004 VZ Calais 5.7 V8 and also considering an upgrade but to the Calais V Series. I got mine as Demo too and now has 27,000KMS on it. However I have been told I will loose way too much money and its better to hold onto it untill the series 2 models for the VE comes out. I really want to get the VE but I dont know if I really want to loose $14,000 to $15,000 for one.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'll be upgrading from my VY SS to an SSV in December 2008. That's when the finance is up on mine and by then, there will hopefully be a series 2 SSV! :w00t:

Not sure if I like the idea of buying the first model/series of any car...

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I know its hard to sell privately these days but I would never trade in. I would just wait until a private buyer is looking for my car. Even if it is 5 months.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Just remember the VE (and most cars) lose 50% of their value in the first 3 years.

Ill be jumping into a GTS in 3 years. (yes ive got it all worked out lo, noone will change my mind)

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
I know the VE has an appealing factor for most. But stop and think.

Trading in your car which is already under finance to a juggernaught might be a bad step.

Pay the car off first and by then an SS-V will be a lot cheaper.

No-one is going to think less of you because you weren't like some morons who bought one brand new, depreciated it's value of around $4000 just driving it out the dealership and cruising around thinking he's top 5hit cause he's got the new commodore.

For $4000... that's pretty expensive in order to have that 'top-5hit' factor. :D

And who knows. Ford will be releasing the next model in 2008 and that might 5hit all over the VE and everyone will want the new Falcon...

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I asked this question in another thread and all the replies I got said don't upgrade.
I was going to trade a 2005 Equipe not even 1 year old and 5700km on the clock on a Berlina and all they would give me was a lousy $20000.00.
So I am going to keep it you just loose too much.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Why not try and sell it privately? Do you have to trade in?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm considering a black SS-V but would like to black out the chrome badges like the red CV8/R's of a few years ago. Anybody able to photoshop it for me??? (And make the orange one black)

Thanks,
Reaper

Self confessed photoshop spastic

Attachments

• img_ss_front.jpg
    img_ss_front.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 7,540
  • img_ssv_34front.jpg
    img_ssv_34front.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 7,629