Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trailer Fuse?

Dave-o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS
Hi Everyone. I have a tow ball on the back of the VF2 SS and all has been fine. I chucked my camper on the back the other day and the trailer lights didn’t work. Didn’t think too much of it, assumed a trailer issue, but have just noticed the same with my other trailer. Is there a dedicated fuse in the car or in the actual wiring harness? Have had a read of the manual without much luck. The fuse that may relate to the trailer “TRLR MDL IGN” in the boot is fine. Perhaps another somewhere?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Is this the 1st time you have towed? If so, Issue maybe that the harness if factory hasn't been programmed in to link up with the bcm

Dave-o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS
Is this the 1st time you have towed? If so, Issue maybe that the harness if factory hasn't been programmed in to link up with the bcm
No has been used many times before without an issue. Just thought there might be a fuse somewhere which is the usual fault in these instances.

Mik 030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V LS3 series 2 wagon
Have had the same experience with my caravan hookup. Replaced the fuse, then discovered that I needed the car turned off prior to van plug connection. Start up and bingo!