Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trailer lights

Hepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
Hi guys
My indicator lights have stopped working on my trailer.
Replaced the old globe indicators with nicer led version.
tested the voltages coming out of the car plug, both tail and stop lights get voltage but nothing on the indicators. Is there a fuse blown somewhere?
I have never had a problem before with the indicators in the 6 years I've had the trailer

Any help welcome

Cheers Graeme

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi guys
My indicator lights have stopped working on my trailer.
Replaced the old globe indicators with nicer led version.
tested the voltages coming out of the car plug, both tail and stop lights get voltage but nothing on the indicators. Is there a fuse blown somewhere?
I have never had a problem before with the indicators in the 6 years I've had the trailer

Any help welcome

Cheers Graeme
are the vehicle blinkers functional and the trailer socket pins non functional?or all non functional on the car

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Check you have voltage at the pins in the socket on the car. Then check for continuity and voltage at the lights on the trailer. Make sure your earth is good on car and trailer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try bending the pins on the traier plug out a bit, ie open up the split a bit wider. After a while they can close up and not make contact.

Hepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
are the vehicle blinkers functional and the trailer socket pins non functional?or all non functional on the car
yes, the car blinkers are working fine just the trailer plug output not seeing any voltage on it

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
yes, the car blinkers are working fine just the trailer plug output not seeing any voltage on it
that harness goes to your tail light loom from memory. Maybee a broken wire in the back of the socket. It does happen.