Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trailer Wiring

rift

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
I am just fitting a tow bar to my VT commodore wagon. Is there a prewired harness run to connect up the lighting or do I need to splice into the tail lights? If so what is the best way of hooking it up?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
behind right hand side tail light easiest thing in the world if u need to know wat wire goes into which part of the plug give us a shout

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I am just fitting a tow bar to my VT commodore wagon. Is there a prewired harness run to connect up the lighting or do I need to splice into the tail lights? If so what is the best way of hooking it up?

There should be a pre-wired harness available. Contact holden and see how much they want for it. Shops that fit towbars probably carry them too. Otherwise off to the wreckers.

wes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5 spd man.
Yeh there is a harness available,got one for my VT (wreckers $10) it plugs into existing loom behind right hand taillight,and being ribon wire there is no need to fit plug under the car(ugly)