Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trailing arm bushes

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
Hopefully my eyes are ok still. Have got a good price on all new bushes by whiteline plus. So I'm thinking I will just make up one of those tools and do it myself. I'll pinch a bit of threaded rod and nuts and washers at work and might have to go to bunnings for the rest lol but shouldnt be hard to make up.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep, the home made bush removal/installation tool works like a beauty,a couple of dollars at bunnings for some bolts and nuts and a few different size washers, and I use a few different size pieces of old steel waterpipe for the spacers,depending on the size of the bush.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
What is the nolathane part number for the diff mounted bush? 46008?

I bought parts to do this job a few months ago (haven't got round to it yet) but only got the upper trailing arm bushes (46003) and the one that presses in to the lower rear arm (46004). I didn't get the other one because I looked at the images on their website and they looked like they were located in the eye of the shock absorber, and as I got new shocks I thought they weren't necessary.

Maybe I should get under there and have a look instead of relying on images :)

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mate 46008 is the bush on the diff housing for the lower trailing arm. Sourced all lower and upper bushes in nolathane for $155 through a mate :)
Also getting the whiteline 22mm 4 point adjustable swaybar BHR16Z for $187 including postage.
If that combo doesn't make the car feel 200% tighter I don't know what will haha

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
What wAs it the link only went to where you chose the make and model

I dont know what happened to it,It was working earlier on today.It was a pic and the details of the above mentioned bush that goes into the diff housing.Part number 46008.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Found it, thanks. The picture I was confused by was a drawing with the bushes described shown in red. When I clicked on the installation manual it was clear where they went.

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well gave it a go and failed miserably.... The bush remover tool failed... Ended up with alot of bashing getting all the old ones out but nothing I tried could get even one of the new ones in. Now I cant tow it I can't drive it. To take them to a shop I'm going to have to take my diff out. F*cking pissed off