Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tranny hose removal

NormK

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Calais
Any tips or tricks as to removing the tranny lines on a WM Caprice radiator has cracked the top tank for the third time and this time I am doing it myself

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There is a little wire clip at each connection with a plastic ring slid over it.
slide the ring back and lever the spring clip off without breaking anything as you'll need to reuse them.
Check the o ring inside the fittings on the new radiator aren't damaged before you install it to save yourself a headache later.

NormK

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Calais
Thanks greenacc I ended up removing the union that screws into the radiator and all good and thanks again for the tips. Do you have to lift the circlip up and completely out and if you damage them can you get replacement ones. This car has had 3 plastic radiators split in the top tank, have you any experience with the full ally tanks, bit over this plastic junk

NormK

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Calais
The clips are easy once you get a good look at them they are a standard "you bastard" clip