Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trans fluid change

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well that's because you been driving with car running, the fluid probably still in your torque converter or lines and hasn't made its way back to the pan, you need to keep the engine running to circulate the fluid and to test, starting the car with pan off wont do damage it will just make a hell of a mess. Note the fluid wont flow with pan off it has no fluid in the pan to suck up and pump the system, did you put the correct filter in? There are 2 types a deep pan and shallow pan. 3L is about 2L short its sucked all the fluid out of the pan till there no more to push it through the rest of the way, you know a complete circuit.

Last edited:

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
i have a tcc solenoid error might have something to do with it yeah my dipstick sais deep pan so i got a deep pan filter

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You have the error because you started the car without pan on there for no fluid getting to the solenoids to move the valve.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
4l60e-shallow-vs-deep-pan-filter-bottom-of-pan.jpg

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
The error was there before was i changed the fluid hoping it would fix it it ddnt

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Didn't the error already get discussed in another thread. I recommended you have the valve body checked. It is one of the most common things that cause the error code you have. If that was not the issue why have you not replaced the TCC solenoid?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
i got a tcc pwm solenoid on the way problem is there are two solenoids for the tcc and only one error code for the tcc solenoid but im guessing if the tcc solenoid was playing up i would know all about it ...so its most likely the tcc pwm solenoid wich just softens the tc shift ..i posted this thread becuase the other one is dead and i wanted any ideas as to why there was very little fluid in the pan when taking it off

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
$500 for the tcc pwm solenoid 600 for the tcc solenoid lock up solenoid retail bot parts $50 on ebay by the way