Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trans issue at same time engine flat spot over rev

dth2exs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon searies 1
got a question as every mech says diff things need replacing

2 weeks ago driving my 99 vt wagon auto series 1 when i was stopped at lights took off just before second gear changed it reved a bit harder than usual then changed but did not do it again

now it happens frequently but i plant my foot get no response got to wait for it and sometimes check engine light comes on but goes away if i turn car off and on again

when the car is cool it drives fine only when running for a period of time do i get this problem

anyone else have this issue

as mechs say these problems are the cause

dfi module

rebuild trans

o2 sensor

ecu

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Check engine light should log a code that any decent mechanic should check first . Get the codes checked before chucking any money at it !
Search how to check codes
I'm tipping a TPS issue by what you wrote

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
I would go TPS also first up

do you always use this mechanic

cross off tranny and ECU for now

didnt know a DFI fault caused and engine check light

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As other posters have said, check error codes. TPS is likely to be the problem (especially if the 1->2 shift is very jerky when it happens), and is an easy and cheap repair.

dth2exs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon searies 1
no i went to 3 mechanics

the check light does not always come on everytime its weird going into second it happens at random moments
plus i was on the freeway the other day and i had to shift back into 3rd to bring revs back up and get power back

D

devilly

the sentence i read that made me over think was ,when the car is cool it drives fine only when running for a period of time do i get this problem .when was the last time coolant was changed and bleed air out of system.tps -throttle position sensor or the iac -idle air control just take em out spray with carby cleaner dip in fresh motor oil put back in.see if it makes a difference.also check hoses for vacuum leaks.if all above checks out to be fine then would go 02 sensors.if the engine is out of tune from air in coolant,vacuum leak, tps ,iac ,02sensor,then the revs when it hits the torque converter would be out and be upsetting the gear box.<---think i got it right.

dth2exs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon searies 1
loose throttle cable was the cause

dth2exs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon searies 1
now i get a failure to start on turnover dont matter if cold or hot. i dont have to sit there constantly running on starter motor to start. but it starts in 2-3 turn overs

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Throttle cable should have a bit of slack in it . If it's tight your butterfly will be open a bit and sucking in to much air to start

dth2exs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon searies 1
nah the 2 nuts on the plate the one on the inside was loose making cable move