Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trans slipage :(

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Well i new this day would come sooner rather then later :(

Anyhow when I boot it the trans like revs but dont move untill a few sec's later an then rips an takes off. Now I like it but the fact is I know its not suppost to do that lol. Anyhow 1st thing was check OIL so yes the oil is fine.

Any other idea's what may course this an I no Ill hear It Needs A Rebuild.
on the other hand I dont quite have enough for a rebuild but can buy a 2nd hand 1 with low k's and can test it in the car b4 buying it?

What ur opinions and suggestions plz.

The 1 i speak of is out of a Wh Stato. Should suit mine shouldnt it? Well I know Vz ones do but just have to change the line pressure to suit.

4L60E auto, from WH 5.7 gen 3, VT VX VY VZ HSV

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
may i suggest getting the transmission serviced?
new filters, new gasket the whole deal.

got my local mechanic to do it for me for about $150.

just because its full doesnt mean a filter is jammed up with crap or something, and in the grand scheme of things its cheaper than replacing lol....

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Or you could do what I did and buy a $10 bottle of auto trans treatment.
It reduces slippage for smoother changes and rejuvinates the seals.

Worked for me but its just a thought:)

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeh my thought were to service it I have done it b4 so might do it again. so how i go b4 go getting another box lol

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
yeh go pay the $150 for a trans service, then if that doesn't work try the $10 auto trans treatment, these are better than paying anywhere up to a couple of grand for a new one.. and even a second hand transmission would be pretty expensive..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I got a second hand 1 lined up for 500 with 167,000 compared to my 250,000 and I can test while its still in the car. She is booked in for wed for a Free check lol an ill c what they come up with. if its more then I wonna know ill grab the 500 box an out it in.

Yeh auto aswell. When u drive it like revs alittle then kicks in which my 1st thought was convertor aswell. if thats the case ill thro a small stall in instead.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I was gunna service it today as its only oil filter an gasket isnt it ? rather spend the 60 odd then 160. as i have done them on my old car anyway. dont wonna them to rip into it an then ill have to pay for more oil lol

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
these are better than paying anywhere up to a couple of grand for a new one.. and even a second hand transmission would be pretty expensive..

I can get a brand new spanken box for 1650 from holden ? and yeh not sure about 2nd hand ones have not seen to many around but seen this 1 for 500. so ill see how i go i guess

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Go to a trans place and get them to hook in their real time diagnostics. It will show what's being commanded to happen in the box and what is actually happening in the box. Your car runs on a computer so utilise that to diagnose it.

Sounds like foward clutches to me though. If it does need a rebuild I would go that way instead of replacing it with another stocker